Suggestions to improve my ductwork layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Looks good! The MMC fittings look to be “no sweep” and “standard”(?) sweep, not quite “long” sweep, but certainly much better than the short sweep. You are on a roll now.

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
...The MMC fittings look to be “no sweep” and “standard”(?) sweep, not quite “long” sweep, but certainly much better than the short sweep...
Yes, you are absolutely correct. In looking further at the design drawing for these, they are only about 1 1/2 diameter radius, not 2x radius like the Schedule 40 elbows I bought by mistake. So, these MMC 2729 elbows are not recommended unless one has no other choice. For me, I'll continue with your recommendation of working 45 degree angles wherever possible. The down drops clearly don't have to be vertical drops!

Anyone need some Schedule 40 long sweep elbows? :rolleyes:

sandfarm

Joe
User
Can you place your first wye closer to the cyclone? If so, you can remove another elbow and have a straighter line to the down elbow to the RAS.

Joe

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
Can you place your first wye closer to the cyclone? If so, you can remove another elbow and have a straighter line to the down elbow to the RAS.

Joe
Hi Joe, thanks for looking at this and asking. Are you looking at the original design layout or the revised layout I posted on Dec 24? The revised layout eliminates elbows and uses only 45 degree drops from Wyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS