New User
Lostskills35
1000008392.png
1000008400.png

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Looks like a commercial product to me.
Can you not find one in the marketplace, or are you looking for a true custom piece with specific dimension, wood species, and color/finishes?
The 245mm/180mm base dimensions confuse me. Is it not a circular base?

Last edited:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I'd guess that the shade extends 65mm past the base.
But isn't the shade dimensioned at 180mm diameter and 100mm tall? Ok, yes I get some aspect of this - the 180 mm diameter shade is not centered over the base... of course. Thanks
I am not a technical drawing person, but I am not sure I would know how to dimension this correctly on the basis of this drawing.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
It looks like the light bulb fixture and the shade are hanging only by the electrical cord. I'm not so sure that's good design protocol.

Ricksmi

Rick
Corporate Member
Hmmm a small lamp, when I first looked at it I thought a nice floor lamp then saw the measurements. Easy to make and if all out of wood would not take long I have made several very similar for family and friends but mostly floor lamps in this style. Bending a 20+ inch of oak would not be and issue. I have always found finding just the right shade is the real issue.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Hmmm a small lamp, when I first looked at it I thought a nice floor lamp then saw the measurements. Easy to make and if all out of wood would not take long I have made several very similar for family and friends but mostly floor lamps in this style. Bending a 20+ inch of oak would not be and issue. I have always found finding just the right shade is the real issue.
This shade appears to have wood grain - or is it just me that thinks so?

Pointfiveone.5

Dru
Senior User
either pay for the lamp from the market that the original maker has placed it on - or expect to pay more. simple choice.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I would make something similar but not that exact design. I think it can be improved, actually I have a design that I’ve been planning for a few years. Just haven’t decided to make time for it yet. Maybe I should go ahead and batch out a dozen.

lostskills35

New User
Lostskills35
Looks like a commercial product to me.
Can you not find one in the marketplace, or are you looking for a true custom piece with specific dimension, wood species, and color/finishes?
The 245mm/180mm base dimensions confuse me. Is it not a circular base?
It is a commercial piece but can't ship to the USA. I would like a light wood such as white oak or birch. Yes the base is circular

lostskills35

New User
Lostskills35
Specifications state:
Sorry, but this light is not suitable for use in the USA or Canada - read our FAQs

Internationally doesn't have to include USA or Canada

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
But isn't the shade dimensioned at 180mm diameter and 100mm tall? Ok, yes I get some aspect of this - the 180 mm diameter shade is not centered over the base... of course. Thanks
I am not a technical drawing person, but I am not sure I would know how to dimension this correctly on the basis of this drawing.
The 180 x 245 is the overall footprint of the piece, not the the base size.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS