RO root ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Sometime over the christmas holiday we must have had some strong wind come through cause I lost a RO out back, it was pulled up by the root ball. Last weekend I cut it loose from the ball and rolled the ball out of it's hole with the bobcat. The tree suffered from old age as it's huge and the heart is dote. I plan on cashing out a chain and slicing the ball down the middle to see what it's all about. The root ball stands a good 6' tall how much of that is good for ww'ing i'm not sure since the heart is dote. I'm game on making some bowl blanks while I'm cutting the rest of it up for firewood, if anyone is interested, else I'll just throw the ball into the burn pile since I'm sure it would be pretty difficult to split. so if your interested in a RO root ball bowl blank let me know by Friday.

Thanks

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I'd love one! Not sure how I'll get it, or when I'd turn it, but I'd love to have it!!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheersme me..... pick me!:icon_thum

mbeach

New User
Mike
I would like some if you have any more....

I just need to figure out how to get it here....

Mike

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
You mean to tell me you turned all those electric grain curly sycamore blanks - without even a single picture :slap:?

Pics I have one left that I am going to try and core 3 to 4 bowls out of it
DSCN0208.JPG

View image in gallery
DSCN0206.JPG

View image in gallery

Coring out the blank
Need to do better only got 2 good size bowls out of it and i small

Tina turned the second bowl from the blank​

reprosser

New User
Rick
I wonder how big a blank will fit into one of those "if it fits, it ships" boxes? :icon_scraAnd how much $ ?

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Hey guys I hate to disappoint you but I didn't fire up the chainsaw today. I went back there and it's a little to muddy for me - I would hate to slip in the mud while flinging a chainsaw around and cut of my arm off or something - you know it's not like they don't sell arms at walmart :gar-La;
I'll get to it when it dries out a little bit...

In the meantime - please reply with the biggest blank your lathes will swing.

Thanks

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Nope...9" is the max diameter...it's really a baby.

Thanks again for cutting these up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS