Resolved. Help to program inverter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I think lightning reset my inverter to default settings.
I have the manual, but I don’t know enough to be confident in resetting the inverter.
Can I get some help?
Pay or trade…

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Mike, does this have to do with your house, laser?
My son said that inverters can deal with very high voltage. You need to call someone.

Last edited:

riggsp

Phil
Corporate Member
Best to contact the lathe manufacturers tech service for that one...way too many settings to just start "pushing buttons"...a wrong setting has the potential of damaging the VFD or drive motor.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
1940s machine shop lathe, vfd added 2010.

Automation Direct
GS2

Tomorrow I will ask the electricians at work, if they can’t do it then I’ll put the old washing machine motor back on it.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Try calling Automation Direct. I use a GS2 on a wood lathe. When I was configuring it, I had some questions on setup and those guys were extremely helpful. After a decade of use, the inverter wouldn't work. They very tactfully suggested that I look at the stop contacts on my momentary control switch. Yep, that was the problem. The little contacts had a little corrosion on them. A little 400 grit and I was back in business. The control unit was made in the late 1960s so I was 100% culpable on that failure.

Jim Wallace

jimwallacewoodturning.com
Jim
Corporate Member
VFD's are sensitive to voltage surges. The instructions that came with the units I used to update my lathes suggested strongly that they be unplugged when not in use.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
VFD's are sensitive to voltage surges. The instructions that came with the units I used to update my lathes suggested strongly that they be unplugged when not in use.
I had this one about ten years, always flip the breaker off when I'm not using it. The engineer at work suggested unplugging also, that's what I will do from now on. I guess $400 every ten years is not too bad, but I had hoped to get more life out of it. Going with a slightly larger one this time.

ChemE75

Tom
Senior User
FWIW, I used automation direct PLC’s for process control and I found their support documentation to be fairly easy to follow. If you can’t find the documentation, give them a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS