Nova DVR XP

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Since this lathe has a proprietary drive, you might want to look online and see if you can find a user site. I know there is one for the Powermatic 3520 and you can find a lot of info for that lathe there. The Nova has the drive contained in the headstock so you can't just switch out a bad motor or VFD like you could on other lathes. Hope it is one of those machines that keeps on ticking.

Roy G

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
If I recall it was fairly easy. The previous owner had not aligned the pulleys correctly so it kept shredding belts. I belive that I had to remove the motor cover, loosen the grub screw on the motor pulley and retighten it after using a straitedge to align the pulleys.
Here is a link to the manual as well as a screenshot of the page describing pulley alignment.

View attachment 230324
As I recall this was NOT fairly easy for me. Access to the pulley (not the one on the motor, the one on the drive shaft) and getting it unstuck and re-positioned was the issue as I recall, but it's been a few years (7 or more?). I succeeded once, but since then the pulley has shifted again.

teesquare

T
Senior User
Op states the machine is quiet, clean, runs well, and has been used little. Apparently not in need of extensive repairs nor excess maintenance. Being only ten years old and as another member stated a solid machine with a good track record. I would not expect it to need “ a great deal of time and effort into trying to get an old machine working well”.

My point in stating my experience with my lathe is that I don’t rely on some company to keep me operating, I do that for myself. And I have helped others to do the same.

While we can’t expect others to match our motivations we should also not expect them to match our financial resources. Sometimes you have to start with the thing you can afford and work up or decide that path is not desirable.

Either way we should be here to help not criticize.
At what point do you think - rather "feel" I criticized the OP? That assumption/interpretation is completely wrong. Re-read the very first sentence my post HERE: "I am going to be the "contrarian" on this one - my apologies for any appearance of being "disapproving ".
And, in further point of fact - my ONLY criticism was, and is - for a couple of brands that have established track records for inconsistent customer service. PERIOD.

There should be nothing left for you to criticize. Not that there was in the first place. Context of WHO and WHAT I was criticizing was NOT aimed at the OP. Capiche?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
At what point do you think - rather "feel" I criticized the OP? That assumption/interpretation is completely wrong. Re-read the very first sentence my post HERE: "I am going to be the "contrarian" on this one - my apologies for any appearance of being "disapproving ".
And, in further point of fact - my ONLY criticism was, and is - for a couple of brands that have established track records for inconsistent customer service. PERIOD.

There should be nothing left for you to criticize. Not that there was in the first place. Context of WHO and WHAT I was criticizing was NOT aimed at the OP. Capiche?
OK.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS