My first panel glue-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm working on a cabinet (for a year or two) for a good friend. This is the glue-up for the end panels. I made both in one piece and will cut the two panels to size later.

IMG_0129_1.JPG

IMG_0130_1.JPG

Flat straight wood really helps to make good panels, my jointer is far too small to face joint this wood. A big thanks to Scott Smith for helping me out.

IMG_01312.JPG

Looks pretty flat to me. All I've done is scrape the glue off. A few biscuits held the boards flush.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Mike,

Looks like a really good match of grain and color. Nice job. Can't wait to see the next steps of this project. ... (that's a hint for more photos... :gar-Bi)

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
:swoon: Wait a minute!! You mean I did something (glue up panels) before Mike did it for the first time?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Yep, Tom there's a lot of things I haven't done.

I'm thinking about using some Kreg pocket screws on the face frame to carcass joinery. I probably should do a couple practice pieces first. I bought the kit a year ago and haven't opened it yet.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Just a card scraper. I have the long panel for the bottom done and starting to mark the dovetails.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Looks like a pretty good start so far, Mike. :icon_thum

So, when are we going to see the rest of the pics???:gar-Bi

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Yep, Tom there's a lot of things I haven't done.

I'm thinking about using some Kreg pocket screws on the face frame to carcass joinery. I probably should do a couple practice pieces first. I bought the kit a year ago and haven't opened it yet.

Mike: One word of caution! ONLY open that Kreg kit if you are willing to become addicted! It's the slickest thing I've ever used for face frames and for the carcasses themselves. You're gonna like it,
I ga ran teee!
:wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS