Lookin' to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
Welcome aboard. I'm also in CLT and relatively new to woodworking. I'm sure we will cross paths at some point.
Steve

M

McRabbet

Pete welcome to the site glad to have you The WNC group is having a meeting soon and their nest speaker is Jack Hastings a guitar maker I know it would be a drive for you to Fletcher but just thought you might like to know the person you need to get in touch with for more info is
Robert R. Payne. You can find him here somewhere.
Pete/Mark -- I'm not only one of the old-timers here, I am also President of the Western NC Woodworkers Association -- a group of about 60 woodworkers that meets once each month in the Asheville area. Our next meeting does feature Jack Hastings, a very capable woodworker who makes Windsor Chairs in the Federal style and custom guitars. Jack was taught to make guitars by Wayne Henderson of Rugby, VA -- a master maker who has produced more than 450 guitars in recent years. Our meeting will be on March 14th at the 10,000 sf shop of one of our members from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM. PM me with your email address if you are interested in attending or check out our website for more details at www.wncwa.org. My real name is as Mark cited above, but most people call me Rob or McRabbet. (I suspect Mark is on our e-mail list -- hope he comes to our meeting, too!)

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome, Pete. There is a mom-n-pop music shop in Statesville that may stoke your learning a bit.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome to the fray, Pete! We're glad you joined out little band of misfits...:gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS