Lookin' to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

New User
Pete
Hey all,

I'm Pete I live in charlotte with my wife and two kids. I'm getting back into woodworking, something my grandpa taught me about as a kid, and something that makes me feel good doing. My ultimate dream is to get my
own luthier shop up and running (I want to build guitars and mandolins). However, right now, it's just that...a dream. I have a long ways to go to get my skills to the point where I can do that (and get all the tools I need), but I have a modest setup right now, and am excited about working on any type of wood project to get my experience level up.

Oh, and it's good to be here, thanks!

Pete

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Welcome to the site Pete. I too live in Charlotte with my wife and two kids ...

Make yourself at home here and get involved ... makes for a great place!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Pete!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

There are a lot of great experience here at NCWWL'r to draw upon.

By all means please share some photo's of your work with us, post often and be sure to enjoy yourself here at the best woodworking site on the internet!:wsmile::wsmile::wsmile:

Wayne

bwat

New User
Bill
Welcome to the site. There is a wealth of info available in the experienced membership here and they love to share. Also, we have Charlotte Woodworkers and Woodturners groups that meet monthly near the airport. The Woodworkers group meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month. We look forward to your input and pics of your projects.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Pete -- Glad you've found us and if you need a question answered, don't hesitate to ask. This is a friendly group and you'll get good answers, I'm sure.

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
Welcome Pete... You have found a great site.. I also have the same dream of building guitars. You will find a bunch of great people here and tons of knowledge.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Pete. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Andy Barnhart (sp) makes instruments like you are trying to make. I would hit him up for some info. Please post some pictures of your shop and your work. Glad to have you. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Another "Pete" in Charlotte !!! :icon_cheers

Looking forward to meeting you at one of our local gatherings.

pete

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Pete!
You are in the midst of a rowdy, but knowledgeable bunch 'o folks in Charlotte :mrgreen:

Roger

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
You've definitely come to the right place to learn. There is a wealth of information in the heads of these folks. Welcome to the community.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Pete, I am glad you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some pics of your work. Making a guitar is one of my ultimate dreams too, but I also have a lot to learn about woodworking and playing the guitar.

Dave:)

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Pete welcome to the site glad to have you THe wnc group is having a meeting soom and their nest speaker is Jack Hastings a guitar maker I know it would be a drive for you to Fletcher but just thought you might like to know the person you need to get in touch with for more info is
Robert R. Payne. You can find hin here somewhere.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Pete. Great to have you on board the friendliest ww site on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS