It might be a sign of insanity, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlrion

New User
Dan
You need to play "Take this job and shove it" by George Jones or Johnny Cash really loud when you pull away from the company!

Congradulations!

I wish I could quit.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
The downside is as follows:

No paid vacations

No paid holidays (of course, every day is a holiday, just sans pay)

No time off. Retirement is full time 24/7. Since I quit work when I moved up here I haven't been able to figure out when I ever had time to have a job! So much to do. And now there is the time to do it and do it right, so there are all these new things to do that I couldn't do before. Decisions, decisions.:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

Good luck and enjoy what you've earned!! Relish in the new freedom and explore the new possibilities.

Just remember to give each of yourselves some private time, and you will never regret it.

Go

cskipper

Cathy
Congrats on realizing an important dream, Cathy :icon_thum
Of course, I guess this means you have to decide whether you will live in FC or G'ville :dontknow:

Don't pamper John too much :mrgreen:
Roger

Actually it will be less confusing, because for the last year it has been FC, G'ville or Columbia (where John has been and will be for a couple of years). Finally we've eliminated G'ville and will be together!

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
You have made a lot of folks here jealous. Congrats on making a positive life change. From personal experience I know it is miserable spending many hours a day in a profession that makes your life less than happy. Your smiles-per-day level will increase.

pbaileyjr

New User
Paul
I don't know you Cathy but I think you made a very wise and well thought out decision. John is a lucky man.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congrats Cathy......I am sorry to be late for this party but my job is totally insane. If this keeps up I am not far behind you.

It is sometimes too easy to forget that our jobs are NOT our lives. Glad to see a person with the guts and courage to take control. :icon_thum

cskipper

Cathy
Yes, I have escaped! The reality hasn't sunk in yet, but I am certainly looking forward to getting settled. This weekend is going to be on the road - picking up grandson to help move furniture so will be running him back & forth. When I turned in my keys and name badge my boss commented that I certainly seemed happy with my decision - UNDERSTATEMENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS