Help with a ROS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a PC ROS. Great tool. I am looking to get a second one but all the new units and brands seem to be 8 hole sanders and my old unit is a 5 hole sander. I have plenty of 5 hole sand paper sheets. My question is will the 5 hole paper line up with at least most of the holes on the 8 hole unit?

M

McRabbet

You need to go to Klingspor's Woodworking Shop and get one of these -- I have both an older PC 333 (5" ROS H&L for 5-hole disks) and a PC 343 (5" ROS H&L for 8-hole disks). You can replace the pad on your 333 with one of these and it will accept 5-hole or 8-hole disks! Works like a charm and I do not need to throw out all of my 5-hole disks when the 333 dies. :twitcy:

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Scroller,
McRabbet Rob is on the right track. The 5 hole pad for the PC 333's fits the new version. With that said, I'll have to say I don't really like the new PC ROS. I got one as a freeby add-on to another PC purchase. It seems to run slow, irregular and be hard to control. I first thought it was because I'd been using a Festool and had gotten spoiled. I got out an old PC 333 and didn't have any issues with using it. I could just have a bad one but I'd say proceed with caution. As you probably have already noticed the PC looks just like the Dewalt now.
Rob

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Saw some 5" replacement pads for both PC and DeWalt at Lowes today for about $17. They were in the section that has the featherboards, planer blades, accessories, etc.

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS