Future Flying Saucer outing ? *updated*

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
So far , so good. It looks like we have at least 10 people so far. Let's keep 'em coming.:icon_thum

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
No Marco! Jimmy was looking forward to you and your friends. :wink_smil Bummer you can't make it.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
They have a saucer in Charlotte too..

never been what varieties are on tap?

Probably the same as there is in Charlotte, there are about 12 Flying Saucers across the country.
http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/raleigh
As long as they have Dogfish Brewing's 90 Minute IPA I'll be a happy camper...you can't find a better brew than that. Unless you run across Rogue's Imperial IPA, but it might be just a little too much for some folks :eek::eek:

Dave:)

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Geez, I can walk there from my shop! Count me in. Anyone wants to swing by early and check out my puzzlemaking operation is welcome to...I'm on Cabarrus about 3 blocks from the saucer.

Is this definitely set for Dec 1? Need to add it to my calander so I don't forget :)

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
As long as they have Dogfish Brewing's 90 Minute IPA I'll be a happy camper...you can't find a better brew than that.

I'll see your Dogfish Head and raise you an Arrogant Bastard! Saucer has it...used to be my favorite beer when I lived in San Diego...their brewery was across the freeway from my university. They just started importing it to NC a couple months ago, so if you haven't tried it yet you're in for a treat ;)

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
It is set for next Monday, Dec. 1st. Jimmy would have already responded by now but I believe that his family may be celebrating turkey day with a big mouse this year.

Thanks for the offer to see your puzzlemaking operation. I envision it to be an experience similar to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! I am catching a ride, so it depends on the driver's schedule.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'll see your Dogfish Head and raise you an Arrogant Bastard!

Oh, I've enjoyed a few Arrogant Bastards in the past. They are much easier to handle once you've got a few beers in you :gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;
Dec. 1 it is. Jimmy's out giving his wallet to some guy in a Mouse suit, but it's still on :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Did I hear beer?

Maybe I could take a break from my studies to come see you guys. I'll check with the boss and give you a definate.

Will

PS - Dave had me try the Dogfish last year ... I give it :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Probably the same as there is in Charlotte, there are about 12 Flying Saucers across the country.
http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/raleigh
As long as they have Dogfish Brewing's 90 Minute IPA I'll be a happy camper...you can't find a better brew than that. Unless you run across Rogue's Imperial IPA, but it might be just a little too much for some folks :eek::eek:

dogfish rocks! up there with skullsplitter for me.

Im dry hopping an english IPA now..cant wait to keg it..

:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
What time is everyone planning on arriving? I don't like to drink alone but I also don't want to miss the fun.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
drink alone? you can always invite you pals Bud Weiser, Sam Adams, Jim Beam and Johnny Walker until the other arrive (I think of the song by George Thorogood)... just don't whip out the power tools in a bar... they frown on that.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
What time is everyone planning on arriving? I don't like to drink alone but I also don't want to miss the fun.

Hmm :eusa_thin that is a good question. I don't think that we have set a time, yet. How does 6:30 sound for everybody? That should give folks time to get off from work, but hopefully get us there early enough to beat the crowds.
I'm planning on JimmyC picking me up, so I will be at his mercy. I think that 6:30 is the time we did it last time, and it worked well.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
This is tomorrow night folks.....hope to see everybody out there :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc
:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Yup, unless something goes wrong I'm still in. :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1

Anyone in N. Ral wanna car pool?

Brian.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I soooo wish that I could be there, sounds like a great time will be had. Please post some fun pics:gar-La;

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Bump for tonight's gathering at the Flying Saucer in Raleigh.

I am looking forward to it. Still waiting to hear from Jimmy. The mouse may have taken all of his beer money! :swoon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS