CRAWLERS SIGN UP! Charlotte Shop Crawl, Sept 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Want to attend the next Charlotte/Matthews Shop Crawl? SIGN UP TODAY! (use the link below)

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/misc.php?do=form&fid=12

Details
What? Charlotte Shop Crawl
Who? North Carolina Woodworker Members (DQ Qualified) and a guest
When? Saturday, September 19, 2009

We plan on visiting three shops in the morning, taking a pitstop for lunch at the new Elliot's BBQ & a quick trip to Woodcraft (they share the same parking lot), then visiting three more shops in the afternoon.

UPDATE: Those attending the shop crawl will receive a special North Carolina Woodworker Crawlers discount of 15% at Woodcraft good only during our visit on most items (some exclusions, like Festool of course!) .... some join us and get an added bonus from our friends at Woodcraft!

We will be looking for at least one designated photographer.
Carpooling will help save money, fuel and our impact.

Communication via E-MAIL will be handled for qualified crawlers who sign up on the form linked above. This will include the days plans, special instructions, carpool arrangements, and such.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
Jeremy,
I got a "access not allowed" page when trying to go to the link. I would like to "Crawl".

Thanks
Steve

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Steve, please try it now. I think we got it sorted out Sorry for the hiccup.

DQ Qualified is a status given to people who meet some basic usage criteria on the Site. You can read the details here: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f70/north-carolina-woodworker-discount-program-dq-8987/

Limiting Crawlers to DQ Qualified was done to protect the Shop Hosts from certain, how shall I say it, unsavory folks with sticky fingers or evil intentions.

If you are not yet DQ, you can go as a guest of a DQ Qualified user.

Jim

Jeremy,
I got a "access not allowed" page when trying to go to the link. I would like to "Crawl".

Thanks
Steve

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
What is DQ?

Dairy Queen?

:gar-La; Yes, you have to be a certified Dairy Queen consumer. I pass.:cool:

Seriously... what Jim said. The important factor is that shop crawlers are "known" quantities to some degree. Just to be on the safe side... though we've never had a problem.

timf67

New User
Tim
Jeremy,

where is our staging/meeting point? I may not be able to do a whole day, but if we start, end, and lunch in the middle all at woodcraft I would be able to do a half day?

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Jeremy,

where is our staging/meeting point? I may not be able to do a whole day, but if we start, end, and lunch in the middle all at woodcraft I would be able to do a half day?

We'll get all details out through email as we don't want to post specifics into the forum. Sign up, if you haven't already, and soon we'll get some details out.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Not sure if I'm on the distribution list but count me in please. Anybody from Concord/Harrisburg want to carpool?

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I checked, you are now DQ Qualified. It might take a day or so to show up on your profile.

Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Guess what! We have a strong showing.

As of this morning we have....

gif_1.gif
gif_8.gif
Crawlers Signed up!

Thanks!
Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Wow, this is great, we keep adding new Crawlers!!

gif_2.gif
gif_2.gif

Keep an eye out soon, we are going to start the first annual Crawlpool Coordination and Bake Sale!

Chad "toolman" has volunteered to stand in the middle of the intersection and direct traffic :banana:

Jim

bluthart

New User
Brian
With Jeremy's permission, I figured I would offer and bring along some lumber to sell again this year. I have a bunch of 4/4 poplar I wouldn't mind sharing, in 61" lengths, kiln dried. I also have a bunch of wormy maple as posted in the classifieds. I would be willing to split up these quantities to get rid of some. I also have 4/4 red oak, white oak, white pine, 5/4 poplar, 4/4 ash and some 8/4 wormy maple all in 61" lengths. PM me if interested. Thanks - and see you on the crawl!

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Just found out ... Those attending the shop crawl will receive a special North Carolina Woodworker Crawlers discount of 15% good only during our visit on most items (some exclusions, like Festool of course!) .... some join us and get an added bonus from our friends at Woodcraft! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS