Big'Ol Fat Red Oak

Status
Not open for further replies.

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
:D Here's the second log. This was the butt log and the biggest log on the mill to date. I would never attempt this alone. There's just way too many things that can go wrong. Keep in mind this is a totally manual mill. Logs like this will hurt you in a hurry and they don't feel a thing. This log went every bit 0f 2000lbs. Gotta do some whittling on it, but it'll be well worth it.
Zi6_0522.jpg

Zi6_0524.jpg

Zi6_0526.jpg

Zi6_0525.jpg

Man this one was bigger than I thought!! I won't let this happen to me again :lol: 8)
Zi6_0541.jpg

Zi6_0547.jpg

Zi6_0548.jpg

Zi6_0549.jpg

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
If it's 12' long and 32" in diameter (hard to tell from the pix but it looks in that neighborhood), it weighs about 4,300 lbs.

Nice chunk of wood!

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
:D Man, I sure starting to really think about charging for heavy :lol: Everything this customer ordered is thick N wide. It's ALL too much for one man, or at least this one man :lol: It is some pretty timber. He didn't want it q-sawn.
Man I sure do hate doing this!!! I had to take the guards off for the extra clearance. But it works on me to do that. There's no telling what would happen if that blade was to break. As soon as I got it so that I could replace them I did just that.
That plank in the last pic is 5" X 18" X 10' and HEAVY.

Zi6_0553-1.jpg

Zi6_0575.jpg

Zi6_0578.jpg

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Diving Board :gar-La; But from the pic it looks like WO :dontknow: did it smell like strong tea or puke? Strong tea = WO / Puke = RO

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Diving Board :gar-La; But from the pic it looks like WO :dontknow: did it smell like strong tea or puke? Strong tea = WO / Puke = RO

This sure enough red oak, Jeff. Smells like a barroom early in the morning :gar-La;. Man I sure don't miss those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS