Another Fayetteville Newbie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoToLeep

New User
Dan
I am new to WW. Love working with wood, but am much more scientific/logical than creative. So, I didn't think I would be good at it. I built a couple of small projects in the last 2 months and have really caught the bug. I am very handy (general) and have a 20 x 40 workshop. It is fairly stocked...but, I guess it will always need "something" (lots). I plan to tart out with some cutting boards, small furniture pieces and see where that takes me. I look forward to participating in this forum. Now. let's get busy!!! :icon_thum:icon_thum

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Hello Dan and welcome to the site.

You just started working wood and you already have a 20x40' shop stocked with tools? I did something wrong. Took me 15 years!!! and my shop is 16'x24'. :dontknow:

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Dan! Glad you found us and look forward to your participation in the forums. Post some pics, too!

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Dan,

Welcome to NCWW. Glad you found us. You say you're new to woodworking and you already have a collection of tools? What do you have so far? What kinds of things do you want to build? In your intro, you said some furniture... anything in particular in mind?

Again, welcome.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Welcome Dan. Glad you found the site. Looking forward to pics of your projects.
Man Fayetteville is finally starting to represent. Good to see that Geoff and I aren't alone out there.

MAC

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Dan, I am glad you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums. There's a lot of science and logic in woodworking, a large % of our members are Engineers/IT...you might just have to find plans to help with the creativity. Or post questions for help here, lot's of creative folks also.

See you around!!

Dave:)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Dan. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Man, all I gotta ask is where do you find all of those .gifs? You've got the coolest avatar on the site! :gar-La; Anyway, this is a wonderful group of folks and it's great to have you here. :icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Dan!!!:icon_thum

With a shop that large, you will have no problem fitting in some large woodworking tools and plenty of furniture projects.

Don;t forget to share some photo's of your shop, tools, projects, pets etc. etc. with us when you get a chance.

Wayne

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Welcome Dan! just one more Fayetteville area woodworker... okay, okay, with my work schedule, I have really just been hoarding wood, but I have been able to find some really cool project ideas!

GoToLeep

New User
Dan
Really glad I found this place!!!! First of all, a big thank you to everyone for the welcomes. I will get some pics posted soon. Look forward to participating and absorbing as much knowledge as is possible.

Hello Dan and welcome to the site.

You just started working wood and you already have a 20x40' shop stocked with tools? I did something wrong. Took me 15 years!!! and my shop is 16'x24'. :dontknow:

Mistyped...should have read 20x30. Use it for a lot of projects.

Hi Dan,

Welcome to North Carolina Woodworker. Glad you found us. You say you're new to woodworking and you already have a collection of tools? What do you have so far? What kinds of things do you want to build? In your intro, you said some furniture... anything in particular in mind?

Again, welcome.

Probably start out with some cutting boards, then graduate to some furniture pieces to work with the different types of jointing.

Welcome Dan, I am glad you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums. There's a lot of science and logic in woodworking, a large % of our members are Engineers/IT...you might just have to find plans to help with the creativity. Or post questions for help here, lot's of creative folks also.

See you around!!

Dave:)

Looking forward to finding some cool plans for some furniture and cutting boards.

Welcome to the site Dan. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Man, all I gotta ask is where do you find all of those .gifs? You've got the coolest avatar on the site! :gar-La; Anyway, this is a wonderful group of folks and it's great to have you here. :icon_thum

Yeah, I have a few of those. It seems me and some friends have an ongoing contest as to who can fund the coolest animations and gifs/jpegs. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

We need more from Fayetteville. What part of town? And welcome to the site

Good to see Fayetteville represented well. I am on the northeast side near Pine Forest Sr. High School.

Again looking forward to my experience on here. Now, time to get busy ........

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
We may be fairly close to each other. I Live in Eastover, takes me about 15 minutes to get to Lowes if I take 295.
I too have a fairly decent sized shop.18 by 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS