A real life excercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Looking for opinions.

The situation... Woodguy has a post for selling a jointer. Several people ( including myself ) have posted replies speculating what he's up to!! I would think we need to split off the speculation posts to a new forum and give it a good new title. I am of the opinion I would like to see the buy and sell not cluttered with speculation.

Thoughts? Opinions? Or am I just looking too hard?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I agree, if it isn't related to the sale of the item then it should be split and like you say, since it is Woodguy, given a very creative new title. Let's leave it for Chris or Ray to take care of. I think that it will be a good on-going practice, because I see folks continuing to post their speculations in the original thread, and those will have to be transfered to the new thread

Dave:)

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
Lots of forums have settings that do not allow replies to "for sale" posts.

I don't have a big opinion either way. I don't see it as clutter, you see a thread topic and all the info you want is in the original post, and it seems to just make more work and confusion to start splitting off.

I could see, however, how someone trying to sell may not care for a lot of replies to their post. In this case it is just friendly back and forth but if people were posting opinions on the item for sale, expecially negative, or playing price police etc. it would cause extra moderation hassles.

Monty

New User
Monty
Clay, do what you feel is best... but I don't really think it's necessary. Most of ya'll know I have a bit of a minimalist approach to moderating posts & threads anyway (and that's why I wouldn't make a good moderator!). IMHO it is confusing and puzzling to open a thread that starts off with what is obviously a reply to something, but you can't tell what.

Along those lines, posts like that in the Buy & Sell forum are generally welcome by the seller - because it serves to "bump" their item to the top of the list where it's most visible. I think posts that should be moderated in Buy & Sell are posts like "your price is too high", or "you could get that for $____ on Amazon", etc. Woodnet is notorious for crap like that.

clowman

Clay Lowman
That's a good point Monty, and one I didn't think of. Just trying to get some juices flowing for the mods..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS