A Brother in Wood Needs US and our prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Re: Hello from Klingspor's Woodworking Shop

Thank each of you for the kind words and warm welcome to the site!

Folks, Mel Moose a carver from the Maiden area is very ill with cancer at Catawba Valley Medical Center in Hickory, NC. It would be hard to find someone that has done more for carving than Mel. I am sure that there are some in this group that have taken one of his carving classes at CVCC, Gastonia Tech College, or at a local elementary schools in Catawba, Burke, or Gaston County. He has been a main stay at Hart Square in October and for many years headed up the carving tent at Murray's Mill in the fall.

If you know Mel and even if you do not, please remember him in your thoughts and prayers and if by chance you are in the Hickory area, please stop by and see him if you get a chance.

Catawba Valley Medical Center - Fairgrove Church Rd. Hickory, NC
Room 634.

Thank you.

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
NCWWER's,

I am very sad to report that Mel Moose's 2 year battle with cancer finally overcame him and he passed away this afternoon around 2:15pm. I have known Mel for many years and he was a great man, carver, father, and husband. Please remember his family during this tough time!

His wife has asked me to notify all Catawba Valley Woodcarvers Club members and let them know that the family would like for them to be Honorary Pallbearers if they are interested.

I will notify all when more details come through.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for Mel and the family.

I am thankful that Mel is no longer suffering but I will miss him harrassing me in my office about not carrying enough woodcarving books.

BTW, 6-8 years ago my life goal was to find a woodcarving book that Mel had not read. Boy, I failed miserably!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-(

Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS