1885 pieces of wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Got it off the lathe at last :icon_cheers now maybe I can get some turnings done.
Its 33" tall got 1885 pieces of wood in it.
The first picture might give an idea of its size, but doesn't show the colors at all the second shows the colors better but still not real good:gar-Cr

Now thats its off the lathe I dont really like it all that well:elvis:

large.jpg

large2.jpg

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Excellent work, Earl..... I really like the form and composition of woods you used. :icon_thum:icon_thum

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
I've said it before and I'll say it again, AMAZING!!! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up Now that you know you don't like it all that much, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. :rotflm:

manfre

New User
Manfre
It's nice, but I feel it would be better if it was bigger!! :) I can't imagine how long it took you to cut and glue all of those pieces, let alone the amount of planning it took. Good job.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I gotta say Earl, that looks awesome. What's even more impressive is that you have FINALLY found a way to get rid of scrap. I may have to take up turning one day, if only to get rid of all those tiny pieces I can't bear to throw away.

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
Amazing work. It took 2 weeks of shop time???? :eek: Would've taken me two years and that is IF I could do it.

ChrisB

New User
Chris
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Please tell me you're kidding. That is simply gorgeous! It's a true work of art!

My sentiments exactly! I'm truly impressed with your turnings - design-wise and skills.:icon_thum

This might seem like a silly question but what do you do with these large turnings, Earl? They are incredible pieces of art so where do they go? Do you have a gallery where you display and/or sell them or are they used in your home?

Chris

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
This might seem like a silly question but what do you do with these large turnings, Earl? They are incredible pieces of art so where do they go? Do you have a gallery where you display and/or sell them or are they used in your home?

Chris

I have the same question as Chris: what do you do w/ a piece this beautiful. You've put a lot of time, effort, and talent into it. Now where does it go?

Bill

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I have the same question as Chris: what do you do w/ a piece this beautiful. You've put a lot of time, effort, and talent into it. Now where does it go?

Bill

I keep pieces in a couple of gallery's, but this piece and all the ones I am doing right now are going into an exhibition of my work being put on by the arts council from May 6 to June 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS