Would you believe, more Underhill......

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
For as long as its up, here is the N&O story about his class/school.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1461259.html

Though I was not photogenic, the pics were from the 3/8 class. I was two benches in front of Rouse Wilson.

Also, if you enlarge photo of him cutting dovetails, you can see his bandaged finger from the day before injury.

Oh the fun!

Jim

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I wonder if all our woodworking "forefathers" cut, bruised, hacked, nicked, and skinned themselves as much as Roy does! If so, that was a sore bunch!!

:rotflm:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Personally, i think thats why they call them "cutting tool'.

CNC really stands for Cure Neanderthal Cuts

Jim

BrianGeib

New User
Brian
Hey, who's that good looking guy in the background diligently working on his dovetails? Oh ya - It's me!

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
WTG I wood love to just meet him,but is he as nice of a feller as he seems to be? I notice his knuckles are skined up all the time and every time I watch those shows,then see furniture an stuff made way back then It just makes me respect those folks more an more,as they were true craftsmen and yes I do think they had to be some tough folks back then.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Ken, from my meeting of St. Roy, he was about as nice a person as I've ever met.

He was almost exactly in person as you see him on TV.

Jim

WTG I wood love to just meet him,but is he as nice of a feller as he seems to be? I notice his knuckles are skined up all the time and every time I watch those shows,then see furniture an stuff made way back then It just makes me respect those folks more an more,as they were true craftsmen and yes I do think they had to be some tough folks back then.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
Just finished this class yesterday and had a really great time listening to Roy's instruction, stories, historical insights on woodworking, and making some wood joints. Great setting, great instruction and Roy is the genuine article. If you get the chance I'd highly recommend you attend one of his workshops. The City Tap and the authentic old fashioned soda shop next door are great perks too.

Alex Franke

New User
Alex
WTG I wood love to just meet him,but is he as nice of a feller as he seems to be?

He's the real deal. His enthusiasm is contagious. In class, we was very attentive, disarming, and very helpful along the way. He wasn't the least bit condescending or lofty. He's just a real, every-day sort of guy -- it kind of feels like you're learning from a long-time friend.

I'll be taking many more of his classes, I'm sure.

Yeah, the soda shop next door was a real treat. For about $7 I got a great burger and one of the best hand-squeezed lemonades I've had in a long long time! Mmmm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS