Workshops and Opportunities to get involved at Sawtooth

JosieAtSawtooth

Josie
Senior User
Hey NC Woodworkers!

Many of you already know about Sawtooth, but in case there's any one new here I like to say hello every once in a while and update the community on things at our school. If you haven't heard of Sawtooth, we are a multi-disciplinary arts center in Downtown Winston-Salem, offering instruction in woodworking, turning carving, basketry and many more mediums! If you are interested in getting into woodworking, this is a great place to start. We offer classes to beginners, and also to experienced woodworkers who want to refine their skills and learn new techniques. If you are experienced in woodworking and want to share your skills with others, maybe consider joining our woodworking community as an instructor. Learn more about our studio and classes here: https://www.sawtooth.org/studios/wood or feel free to message me or email me (wood@sawtooth.org) any time!

Some cool news from Sawtooth:

Luminaries - Our New Visiting Artist Weekend, 10/11 - 10/13
This October we will be activating several studios for a long weekend of immersive workshops! You can check out all the different workshops at the link above. The wood studio will be welcoming Annie Evelyn to teach a workshop focusing on adding a new soft side to your furniture making. Annie's work was featured in our recent exhibition Seating Assignment: Women in Contemporary Chair Making and Craft Education. We are so excited to welcome her back to Sawtooth to teach and share her craft to our student community! Here is a link to her workshop at Sawtooth, and here is a link to her website if you are curious about her work.

If you are interested in Sawtooth but live to far to commute to our usual classes, this is a great opportunity to get to know us a little better. We will be offering catered lunches and have secured special rates at the Historic Brookstown Inn for participants.

Sawtooth Spotlight, 12/7
Our annual holiday Artist Market and Juried Exhibition are coming up and the deadline to apply is 9/2! We get to celebrate Artists from our community and beyond. Artists are welcome to apply to sell their original work at the market or exhibit their best pieces in the exhibition, or to do both!

Dust Collection! Our biggest studio upgrade in years! We undertook a huge project in the studio this year and implemented a 5 hp dust collection system that services all the tools in our machine shop! Myself, my intern, and a group of instructor volunteers installed the machine and ducting earlier this year and have been benefiting from the cleaner air in our shop since July. I'm including a snapshot of the new ducting in the studio.

I hope you all have a lovely long weekend with plenty of woodworking! -Josie

IMG_1969 copy.png

Carabnr

Cara
Senior User
Dang looks like I'll have to compare schedules when planning the GreenWood Wrights'Fest at Shakori. Looks like your Luminary Workshop with Annie Evelyn will be awesome!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS