Workbench refinish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Does any body know what kind of finish is used on Sjobergs workbenches? Mine needs sanding down and refinishing. Also how do you pronounce Sjobergs?:dontknow:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would guess a Danish Oil type finish, something that would offer some protection but allow easy repair-ability.
As far as the pronunciation is concerned I'll leave that up to Bas. But it really doesn't matter how you say it around here, just that you can type it right :wwink:

Dave:)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Bas is right on, my wife, of Norwegian descent, says to pronounce the j as h. Showberk or Showberg is fine.:icon_thum

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
Hey Larry. Get yourself the latest copy of FineWoodworking magazine. There is an article on refurbishing your workbench that would be right up your alley.
Next time I come through your neck of the woods, hope you don't mind a call and visit.

DavidF

New User
David
When mine needing doing I belt sanded the top lightly and then gave it a good couple of coats of General Finishes Arm-R-Seal with a foam brush. Worked like a charm and flows out nicely.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Thanks guys. Now if I could only pull a Tom Sawyer and get somebody to do the work for me:gar-Bi
PS MERRY CHRISTMAS to every body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS