Woodslicer "Out for delivery" on brown truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Yeah, it's just a bandsaw blade, but it should be the piece that completes the saga or at least moves it to the final tuning chapter. I almost wish I didn't have my garage jam tonight (I have a few guys over to play blues, old rock and country a couple of times a month) so I would have a chance to try to resaw some more spruce instrument tops. Oh well; maybe Thursday night I will have a chance and yeah, I will post pictures then...

The cool thing is that between this and the router set up, I pretty much have all the tools I need for the stuff I have planned for quite a while. A small lathe for turning pegs is in the works and I still do want another scroll saw, but neither is a must have.

Is it possible that I might become satisfied with what I have? :gar-Bi

Yea, right! :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I am pretty much satisfied.

Until I can get a much bigger shop full of much bigger new tools. :rotflm:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Andy,

Normally I would ask for pictures, but I'm just so excited that you're getting that blade. So here is a rare, pre-picture YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!

I just got the 1/2" and 3/4" WS resaw blades for the grizz and it is like night and day. Sorry you have to put it off until tomorrow, but a good jam session is just as good for the soul as woodworking. Nice taste in music, btw. You're lucky to have friends to jam with. All of my friends are either non-musically inclined or have such odd tastes that they're very hard to play along with. A good rock and roll song is always a nice thing to get everyone on the same page. Good for you! :headbang:

Trent

CarvedTones

Andy
Andy,

Sorry you have to put it off until tomorrow, but a good jam session is just as good for the soul as woodworking. Nice taste in music, btw. You're lucky to have friends to jam with. All of my friends are either non-musically inclined or have such odd tastes that they're very hard to play along with. A good rock and roll song is always a nice thing to get everyone on the same page. Good for you! :headbang:

Trent

One of the guys put up a page for the jam:

http://www.myspace.com/cravenhill

I actually haven't visited it (and can't from where I am right now) but I think it has a half dozen or so songs we play. If there are any "pop top" :eek:ccasion1noises on the recordings, I have no idea what they are (but I will not be messing with a power tool capable of cutting me in half after the jam)... :eusa_naug :saw:

mandosmiley.gif

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Is it possible that I might become satisfied with what I have? :gar-Bi
Yes, it's possible.

Unlikely, but possible.

Actually, I think it comes in stages. I've been looking at all the bargains and CL lately, and not much is attracting my interest. I think you go through a buying spree to get the equipment you need to accomplish certain things, then need some time to absorb it all. Then the cycle starts all over again - new tools, bigger tools, better tools, more space, new cabinets, improved DC...

Eventually, WGD flares up again :rolf: There is no cure.

CarvedTones

Andy
It was a largely rhetorical question; even though this blade and good tuning could make the BS capable of resawing wood to meet my current needs, it is still an old beater with a shimmed riser, weak motor and flimsy sheet metal stand. My TS is a benchtop screamer firmly mounted on a stand to give me reasonable accuracy for what I do, but if I made furniture it would be seriously inadequate. For reasons that are difficult to explain (other than the noise), I would really like to replace it with one of those 60s era Craftsman bench tops. I used to have an early 40s 8" model (Old Tool Disease is currently in remission, but I still feel the tug). There have been a few on CL I thought about jumping on and probably should have, then sell my newer screamer to cover it and make room. I guess there are levels of satisfaction...

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I think I have one of those under a pile of tools in the corner.

How much do you want it? :rotflm:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Even if you become satisfied with the tools that you mention (power), just open up the Lee Valley/Veritas catalog and I'm sure that you will be able to spend much more on hand tools:rotflm:.

Good luck,
Jimmy:)

CarvedTones

Andy
I think I have one of those under a pile of tools in the corner.

How much do you want it? :rotflm:
Depends on how heavy that pile of tools is and whether or not a plastic/aluminum Ryobi would keep them off the floor as well. :wsmile:

I think a Westfield trip is likely in early Summer. I am going to insist on bringing the steaks and/or ribs, that woodwind book and a Honduras mahogany beam I keep tripping over when I am sorting through my wood pile. Of course, I will also have some things that will make a round trip - dull gouges, a well behaved daughter or two and a couple of boys that can tear up an anvil with a rubber hammer. :rolf:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
. Of course, I will also have some things that will make a round trip - dull gouges, a well behaved daughter or two and a couple of boys that can tear up an anvil with a rubber hammer. :rolf:

Sounds like my kind of people. Wish i had the anvil for the boys to bang on.

You might want to bring a guitar. My son plays.

CarvedTones

Andy
Sounds like my kind of people. Wish i had the anvil for the boys to bang on.

You might want to bring a guitar. My son plays.

Oh, you have several anvils; you just don't realize that's what they are yet. :eek:

Actually, I play mandolin and bass; neither very well. I think I was playing bass the night the stuff on myspace was recorded, unless the bass sounds really good, which means the other bassist was there. If you host a jam, amazing musicians will show up. Most of the guys (other than me) have been in a few bands over the years, got burned out on the smoky bar circuit but still enjoy playing for fun every now and then.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
When you get the package off the brown truck, it will be just like Christmas morning, only better. You got what you really wanted. The rush over comes you as you tear into the package, even though you know what is in there. After all you ordered it.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Andy,

I checked out you guys' myspace page yesterday, but didn't have time to get back online after that. You guys sound good! Wait, did I hear of a jam session at Mike Davis's place? I'll bring the accoustic guitar. :yes:

Trent

CarvedTones

Andy
Last nights was an odd one; I didn't play all that much even though I hosted. My wife had to do some errands so I was in and out of the house dealing wih the kids. But someone was recording so it will probably show up somewhere. I was out there chopping on the mandolin when we did the Beatles "She Loves Me" Raggae style; that was pretty interesting. :mrgreen:

One of the guys is a photographer and had his assitant bring high end video gear one night as a training exercise. It came out okay. I shouold try to put some of that up somewhere.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Andy we're going to miss you at the picnic, but to others such as you Trent, I think anybody that plays an instrument should bring it to the picnic and do a little jamming. You know, for us musically challenged folks like myself:lol:

Jimmy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS