Wixey Digital Deal Woodcraft Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

I just received an email flyer from Woodcraft online that they have the Wixey Digital Table Saw Fence Readout on sale for $99.99 with a free Wixey Angle Gauge thrown in and it includes free shipping (I ordered one:tool:). They also have their Bessey K-Body Clamps on sale.

DavidF

New User
David
I just received an email flyer from Woodcraft online that they have the Wixey Digital Table Saw Fence Readout on sale for $99.99 with a free Wixey Angle Gauge thrown in and it includes free shipping (I ordered one:tool:). They also have their Bessey K-Body Clamps on sale.

I bought this deal the last time they had it on - Buy it! Don't even hesitate, just do it,you won't regret it! the TS gauge is unbelievably useful, especially if you have a router mounted in the extension.:tool:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Stop it!, STOP IT!, you WGD enabler! Lets do the math. $99.99, and includes a $39.99 Wixey, with free shipping- net cost for DRO $60. WOW!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Just ordered mine, Thanks Rob. That is a great deal and will fit on my Ridgid fence.

DavidF

New User
David
Stop it!, STOP IT!, you WGD enabler! Lets do the math. $99.99, and includes a $39.99 Wixey, with free shipping- net cost for DRO $60. WOW!

Sorry! but in this case there is no good reason NOT to buy it! At least I couldn't find one. I was buying spinny side things at the time and just saw it, it joined the HUGE pile of turny stuff I had piled on the Woodcraft counter - OOps. I already had an angle gauge and it was still good value. I sold the "spare" gauge to a friend for $30. so everybody was happy.

garymuto

New User
Gary
The digital fence readout and the angle indicator have changed the way I work. Great tools at a great price.

M

McRabbet

Wixey Digital Duo Arrives ** GLOAT w/ Pics **

This afternoon, according to my faithful Alien-spotting Great Pyrenees, the scarey white spacecraft with Orange and Blue symbols arrived -- aka the FedEX truck -- and deposited a brown seed pod on my front porch. Unlike the Big Brown Truck invasion reported from planet Amazon with the dual Mega Pods bearing K-body clamps, this was a very reasonably sized carton of appropriate size.

And Lo and Behold -- inside were found the Wixey Digital Duo in a nice package!:tool:

100_4782.jpg

I'm looking forward to installing it! Oh, yeah .. you noticed that nice booklet behind the box? I almost forgot about that gem! It seems that Steve Coles called out a certain number at the Spring 2008 Picnic and I happened to be holding it...:eek:ccasion1 for this very nice new Worksharp 3000 sharpening system... Yes! :eusa_clap It doesn't get much sweeter that that! :tool:

100_4783.jpg

TracyP

Tracy
YOU ROCK,

Hopefully mine will be here today. I will tell the wife it is your fault Rob.:rotflm:

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Re: Wixey Digital Duo Arrives ** GLOAT w/ Pics **

Nice Score Rob, you ROCK.
Mine should be here this afternoon, as per Fedex tracking says.
I wonder what I should do with the extra wixley angle Guage as the wife bought me one for an Xmas present last year?????
Oh the worries:rotflm:

Glennbear

Glenn
I'd buy one but it says the resolution is only 5 thousandths. That's HUGE!

?????? Did I miss something here ? I know that your puzzles have tight tolerances but + /- .005 seems adequate for most woodworking :dontknow::icon_scra:eusa_thin Mine arrived today :wsmile:

TracyP

Tracy
Got mine Saturday but have not installed it yet. Have been working on a couple of plant stands and haven't had time.

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
?????? Did I miss something here ? I know that your puzzles have tight tolerances but + /- .005 seems adequate for most woodworking :dontknow:

I dunno, I routinely mill my stock to +- .0005, and when I'm making say an interlocking burr puzzle I'll leave .004 clearance on a .75 dado to give room for movement. So for my purposes, .005 is a lot. Even on a simple rabbited box a five thousandths gap in the joinery would be pretty glaring. Guess I'm just disappointed that they didnt choose to use the same glass slides and gauges that you can buy for DRO readouts on metalworking equipment, which has a resolution of five tenths and accuracy of one thou.

TXnNC

New User
Ken
Thanks for the heads up! I got it just in the nick of time since the deal ends today! And, of course, while I was there I had to pick up a few extra items.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS