Where to get Miter Slots...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Well, I achieved a great victory today. I changed the blade on the Ryobi BT3000, and used a better/shorter extension chord, plugged it into its own outlet and it cuts like a champ!!! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

So, to the next step. I'm not a big fan of the tables that are currently on it, so I'd like to make my own. I have plenty of countertops to use for the table, but I need to know a good place to buy/order miter slots. Any help is greatly appreciated. :notworthy:

*Also, the width(?) of the table is 22 1/4". So for two miter slots I'd need at least 45"

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Cruising BT3, Craigs, and Ebay for the miter slot tables that Ryobi made for it would be my first choice. Maybe not your first choice, but it would be mine.

SubGuy

New User
Zach
I got a T-Track/Miter Track combo from woodcraft. Kreg makes it and it wan't expensive. I bet it wouldn't be too hard to find online.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Make them plywood edging from the borg, right cheap too, works great too:gar-La;

DSC01557a.jpg

skeeter

New User
Charles
Locally, Tools + has them in stock. They have the narrow ones designed for toilet bolts and the 3/4" width for miter use. I know some of the larger tracks are long, but not sure one would be all you would need. They have shorter lengths too.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Like Skeeter said, Tools-Plus has INCRA T-Track usually in stock.
By the way, do you have a fence for you saw? I have a fence from my Jet Contractor saw left over from when I added my Biesemeyer. Jim

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
When I had my BT3000 I ordered and received the factory miter slot assembly from Ryobi. It arrived damaged (The UPS guys kicked it all the way here). I wasn't very impressed with it how it was designed either. Ryobi told me that it was on backorder and that it would be 3 months before they could replace it so I decided to make my own and took some measurements of the Ryobi version before sending it back to them. Then I made mine out of plywood with an aluminum miter slot insert. It looked very much like the left side one that erasmussen made but I placed my miter slot a little further to the left of the blade than he did, so that I could use a Delta tenon jig with it.

I don't have pictures of the one that I made, but I gave my BT3000 to my son-in-law, so photos, measurements, etc. are still possible, if you need them.

Charley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS