Washington Trip: Eden Saw and Grizzly Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
Hey All,

Just back from a trip last week to the outer islands of Washington State. Spent most of the time in Port Townsend, WA. Thought I'd post some woodworking related photos for y'all.

While there I was able to check out Eden Saw and Grizzly's headquarters.

Eden Saw was amazing. They have a large selection of planed lumber in a showroom (stacked vertically), but also a huge second warehouse of rough sawn lumber (stacked horizontally). So it looks like Eden saw won't be chiming in on the lumber storage thread :dontknow:.

Here is a link to their website:
http://www.edensaw.com

Tons of imported stuff in addition to domestics. They also have a large selection of sequenced logs, as you can see in some of the photos.

I'll let the photos do the talking:
EdenSaw1.JPG

EdenSaw2.JPG

EdenSaw3.JPG

Edensaw5.JPG

EdenSaw6.jpg

EdenSaw7.jpg

My new favorite import has got to be Sapele. Got to see a lot up close for the first time and really liked it. They had a huge stack marked quarter sawn select 8/4 which looked outstanding.

Also, as mentioned I had a chance to stop over at Grizzly's headquarters. Have to admit I found myself saying "Funny, I thought you'd be bigger." (can anyone guess that movie quote?)

But it was nice, though I couldn't buy much as I was flying back home. Just picked up a resaw fence for my bandsaw.

Here is a photo for proof:
GrizHeadquaters.JPG

Funny thing is, there's a bunch of beat up houses directly across the street. I assumed that it would be deep in an industrial park.

Overall, it was a good trip.

Thanks for looking,
-Kevin

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
That looks like an AWESOME trip! Too bad shipping is expensive huh? I bet they had some beautiful lumber.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
"Have to admit I found myself saying "Funny, I thought you'd be bigger." (can anyone guess that movie quote?)"

"Yeah, I hear that a lot"
Roadhouse :icon_chee

cpswayzep_mod.jpg

(Photo from John LA gallery just happened to pop up in the Featured Photos - Don't ask me why it's there!!! :dontknow:)

pete

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Sounds like a great trip Kevin! The sequenced cut wood looks cool. I used to get up to Seattle now and gain, it's a beautiful area.

M

McRabbet

Kevin,

Your picture of the Grizzly HQ sign is misleading -- here is what is on their website... I've been to the Muncy, PA showroom on several occasions and it is impressive.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great trip and tantalizing pics, Kevin!
Port Townsend is a cool place and the Olympic Peninsula is a treasure :icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS