Wannabe woodworker in Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
I was going to post this the other day, but then realized I didn't have any digital pics of my family. That problem has been solved. I am fortunate that my wife, Dina, supports my hobby (addiction), and my son, Dennis wants to help me in any way he can. It's kind of hard though to find things for an 8-year-old to do in a shop full of tools of death and dismemberment. I keep trying though.

I unfortunately have not had the time to surf through the forum as much as I'd like, but that will be cured with time. Get used to seeing me around. I am a forum junky.

Matt

09-06-08.jpg

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome aboard Matt. It is great to have you here. Thanks for posting the intro and the pics of family. Feel free to dive in at any time.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Once again Matt, WELCOME ! This is the friendliest woodworking website on the web. I'm in Clayton and a bunch of us are very local to you, so if you need any help just holler. Feel free to cruise the website and we look forward to your contributions.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome again Matt, thanks for the intro and pic of your family. You'll fit in quite well around here:icon_thum. I am another Claytonite, so just holler if you ever need anything.
See you around!!

Dave:)

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Come on in the shop, Matt. Since you are short on time, you will find answers quickly here. If they're the correct answers......:icon_scra

sapwood

New User
Roger
The perfect intro Matt!
Welcome to NCWWer and drop in anytime. Papa Smurf (SteveColes) somehow manages to keep the doors open 24/7 :icon_thum

Roger

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi and Welcome Matt!!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

You are off to a great start here with posting a picture of your fine looking family.:wsmile:

Feel free to jump in and post some more pictures of your projects, shop and tools.

Great folks here with a wealth of knowledge always willing to share their experiences and tips.

Have fun and post frequently!:wsmile::wsmile:

Wayne

woodrat

New User
Archie
Welcome Matt & family to the very friendly NCWWer forum.
As stated, jump in here any time with questions & comments.
Just keep it clean(family site you know).:mrgreen:

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Matt -- hope you can find some safe things to do with your son, but please remember to keep him out of the shop alone for safety concerns -- kids love to emulate their Dad's and working together is more fun anyhow. Glad you've joined -- let us know your favorite form of woodworking, too.

barryu

New User
barry
We welcome you, your family and your addiction. I hope we offer what you're out to find. I don't post much myself (not as skilled as my fellow website buddies) but, one of the guys was right about this being the friendliest of sites and you'll find high quality craftsmansip in abundance. Join in when you can.
:icon_chee

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I'll just repeat what has already been said several times.....WELCOME Matt. Not to be misconstrued with the kind of welcome mat you wipe your feet on. :gar-La;

John Jankowski

New User
John
Welcome.

I am in Garner also. Have been a woodworker for about 40 years since I was a kid smaller than your son. I've been encouraging my son since he was about 4. He's soon to be 9 and now he's into turning like I am (He has is own lathe). Welcome aboard.

John

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Hi Matt - glad to have you on board - It is great that your son wants to help out in the shop - can't wait to see some of your projects

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Matt, welcome! Kudos for posting pictures.....we like pictures....

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome Matt.....clayton area here....hope you enjoy the site....holler if ya need any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS