VEVOR Benchtop Band Saw, Opinions please

oldtexasdog

New User
OTD
I am just putting my hobby shop together and am new at this. I saw where there was a Prime deal for a

VEVOR Benchtop Band Saw, 10-Inch, Dual-Speed (560 & 1100 RPM), 370W 1/2HP with stand, miter guage,fence,and work light at 30% off today till midnight. Is this a good deal?​

oldtexasdog

New User
OTD
Harvey makes great equipment but is a little rich for my blood or what blood I have left after I bought their table saw🤑 so for 200.00 inc delivery I thought this might be a good one to get my feet wet so to speak.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I am just putting my hobby shop together and am new at this. I saw where there was a Prime deal for a

VEVOR Benchtop Band Saw, 10-Inch, Dual-Speed (560 & 1100 RPM), 370W 1/2HP with stand, miter guage,fence,and work light at 30% off today till midnight. Is this a good deal?​

That depends very much on what you were planning to do with it.
I have no specific knowledge of the Vevor brand (and never heard of it), but 10" bench top bandsaws are much more limited in capabilties than larger tools. Same is pretty much true for most benchtop tools, so that's no real surprise. If you are a model maker, boxmaker, or intarsia craftsman, (i.e. work on small pieces) then this tool might be exactly what you need. If you are expecting to rough out 16-20" diamter bowl blanks from raw logs, then there are certainly more suitable tools out there. So expectations are key here.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
It also depends on what other tools you have or have access to. If this was your only tool to rip lumber, then ithis would not be my choice (but it might work - I have no experience with a BS this size). if you have a table saw and a tracxk saw too, then this might be a great choice. I often wonder if a decent jig saw is a better choice for curve cutting, depsite limitations on the depth of cut.

This tool will not likely be able to handle wider boards (wider than 8 inches?).

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm not sure that I'd trust the Vevor brand over Wen or Grizzly.

If you want a small bandsaw, take a look at the Rikon 10" saws. Either the older 10-305 or the updated 10-3061. Chris Schwarz put the 10-305 through its paces by using it to prep stock for his chairs: A Small (& Cheap) Band Saw for Chairmaking - Lost Art Press

A small bandsaw can do far more than some people would have you think. My first bandsaw was an 8" Delta and it works shockingly well with a ¼" 6-tpi blade. I won't rip 4" thick hard maple with it, but, as long as I take my time, it handles 1" thick cherry and soft maple without issue.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member

I'd trust a Vevor about the same as a Wen but not as much as a Grizzly. Vevor is a Chinese parts, tools, and other home items congregator and distributor. On the tools side they tend to sell decent products very cheap.

Again, it depends on what you want to do with it and what your budget is. Honestly, if I only had a couple of hundred to spend on a bandsaw I would start looking for an older Craftsmen full size one. There's a lot of them out there on Marketplace and Craigslist and a local deal is likely to pop up rather quickly if you look diligently.

demondeacon

Dave
Senior User

If you want a small bandsaw, take a look at the Rikon 10" saws. Either the older 10-305 or the updated 10-3061. Chris Schwarz put the 10-305 through its paces by using it to prep stock for his chairs: A Small (& Cheap) Band Saw for Chairmaking - Lost Art Press

A small bandsaw can do far more than some people would have you think. My first bandsaw was an 8" Delta and it works shockingly well with a ¼" 6-tpi blade. I won't rip 4" thick hard maple with it, but, as long as I take my time, it handles 1" thick cherry and soft maple without issue.
Agreed. I have the Rikon 10-3061 and it is a nice machine. You should check with Highland woodworking in Atlanta as I believe they are running a special on small Rikons.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Harvey makes great equipment but is a little rich for my blood or what blood I have left after I bought their table saw🤑 so for 200.00 inc delivery I thought this might be a good one to get my feet wet so to speak.
I would agree to at least try to stretch to the small Rikon. The Craftsman and Delta benchtops were WASTED money as they were junk. So in total, it raised my end point price. Wheels not round, guide post not moving in line, guides a pain to adjust, fragile trunnion, and just plain junk. The Deluxe 310 is $600, but that is cheaper than wasting $300 several times. A tool, not a toy. You may even be able to see one at one of the now three stores we have in the area.

ALL of them are made in China. Probably in only a couple factories for all brands. It is the brand that defines the capability, quality, and reliability. Not the factory.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I hope to make some small cabs and end tables and boxs along with honey dooos
Please do share your decision - did you buy one? Or going to pursue other options? Please share your feedback on whatever tool you might purchase (once you use it a bit). THanks

oldtexasdog

New User
OTD
Well foe 200.00 shipped I pulled the trigger on it and if I don't like it I will return it. I tried to cancel and buy the Rikon but it was too late as it was already shipped like in 2 hours from when I ordered?!

I want to say Thanks All for your advice.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS