Understanding Membership Levels and Privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

In a recent thread in this forum, Steve Coles addressed some questions that some users have encountered regarding their Discount Qualified or Corporate membership status. As Steve pointed out, users control their membership level based on information they provide in their User Settings and how often they visit the site. We have a published Promotion Policy that defines the user levels on the website and a Privacy Policy that lets users know how and when we use private information.

Some confusion has arisen when members have "opted in" to attain certain membership benefits (e.g., Discount Qualified) and they may not have filled in all of the required information in their User Settings to meet that level. Steve gave an example where both First Name and Last Name fields must be filled in, but one's address is required as well. For Corporate Membership, a member's telephone number is also required (Area code in one entry field and 7-digit number in a second field, without any punctuation). Please realize that we protect user information and only use it where required and then only when we have confidentiality assurred by an outside party (as a corporation, we must have these details to qualify). For DQ status, a vendor needs to know your real name and address to give you a discount.

I urge all members to read our Policy statements above and to look into the details of the Discount Qualification program -- many of you may be missing some excellent benefits shared by your fellow members if you didn't know how to take advantage by making just a few simple changes in your User Settings. If you have suggestions on where we can improve our policies, please send me a PM -- our Board of Directors will meet early in 2012 and we will review these policies to see where changes may be needed.

yes this is the reason it took me so long to apply for the DQ Status.... Web Forums and privacy but I bit the bullet the other month after being on the site for over two years

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Our site shares no personal user information with any other site. Your personal info is secure on NCWW. If you opt in to dq with any of our dq vendors you info is shared with them. That is your choice though.

Last edited:

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
I have a couple of suggestions for discussion:
Our home page could make a more prominent offer of welcome to prospective members. Perhaps a colored tab, or banner, saying "Please join us". I have tried several times to locate the membership requirements, without much luck. If you are looking for new "customers", you want your offer to grab their attention.

The term "corporate member" made me assume that you were looking for a "corporation " to join as a commercial supporter. If we refer to "voting member" or a similar phrase , it could be less confusing.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
How does one become a corporate member. As I understand one must provide all required info plus opt-in in the settings page. I have done all that - what am I missing?:icon_scra

SteveColes

New User
Steve
How does one become a corporate member. As I understand one must provide all required info plus opt-in in the settings page. I have done all that - what am I missing?:icon_scra
Code that works:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: I'll have to look a bit closer to see what is going on. Give me a day or so

SteveColes

New User
Steve
..... what am I missing?
You have never made a thread in the "Who we are" Forum. Sorry I didn't notice last night. I'm a better morning worker.

When you post the thread, it won't change your status until after 2:15 am the next morning. That's when the batch job that does the updates, runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS