Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFord

New User
Fred Ford
TWO DAY RE-FINISHING WORKSHOP

BY FAMOUS RESTORER ALAN NOEL

APRIL 19 AND 20

AN INVITATION TO North Carolina Woodworker MEMBERS FROM THE TRIANGLE WOODWORKERS ASSOCIATION (TWA)

In recognition of the excellent support we have received from the members of NCWoodworker in redirecting the Triangle Woodworkers Association the TWA Board has recommended that we extend an invitation to our April 19th and 20th workshops. These workshops are our top rated for the year to be presented by a well-known out of state presenter. Please see more detail below. The fee is $75. This includes both days and break snacks. Lunch is Dutch treat.

To sign up provide payment to Brian Wagner. Brian is a North Carolina Woodworker member id bfwagner Please send him a private message if there is interest and he will give you details on how to sign up for the workshop. Your payment is your reservation and it is on a first come basis. There will be a maximum of twenty in the class.

You are all also invited to Alan Noels presentation Friday 7:00 PM for
our regular meeting at Klingspor’s Woodworking Shop. (3141 Capitol Blvd. Raleigh). NO CHARGE.

Fred Ford
President of TWA
NCWoodworker DC member.

April Meeting – Furniture Re-Finishing
Friday night April 18th Alan Noel will present before TWA’s
regular meeting an over-view of furniture re-finishing and
cover the highlights of the two-day course to be held over
the weekend.
Alan Noel will be giving a two-day workshop on furniture refinishing,
starting Saturday April 19th and completing on the
20th. The course will take two pieces of restorable furniture
through disassembly, repair, reassembly, and preparation
for finishing and final finish with a French finish. Location of
the two day session will be in Dave Mackie’s workshop (location and directions to be provided upon sign-up).

Alan is the proprietor of Noel's Woodworks in Atlanta,
Georgia and has been a professional furniture restorer for
over 25 years. He has extensive experience in a wide range
of finishing techniques. He writes regular columns for
Finishing and Restoration magazine and for Highland
Hardware in Atlanta’s Wood News Online™, he has taught
courses at The Marc Adams School of Woodworking and
has also written for Wood magazine. Alan has taught his
skills throughout the Southeast and has served as a
finishing consultant for various furniture manufacturers.

Host: Brian Wagner

Last edited by a moderator:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
For me, it is simple. Too much travel. I am out of town that entire week. If I was in town I would consider going to the TWA meeting and signing up for one of the classes.

Anyone that needs help finishing (which is me as well) should consider it if they can make it.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I am in the same boat as Travis. I will be in Atlanta that week, so the weekend will be spent getting caught up at home.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
One of the reasons that I let my TWA membership go was Friday night meetings. I know that they are a necessary evil (for weekend workshops), but those are family nights for me. When my wife took dance classes on Tues. nights this year, it closed the deal. I couldn't make Tues. or Fri. nights, so I let my membersip go.

Jimmy:)

J

jeff...

Is TWA a members only association or are the "workshops" open to the general public?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Is TWA a members only association or are the "workshops" open to the general public?

Jeff, in this case, they are open to the public, NCww'er general public. I believe that the regular workshops are first open only to TWA members, but if they don't fill the workshop I am sure that they would accept guests.

Dave:)

J

jeff...

Jeff, in this case, they are open to the public, NCww'er general public. I believe that the regular workshops are first open only to TWA members, but if they don't fill the workshop I am sure that they would accept guests.

Thanks Dave - I think I found the TWA (Triangle Woodworkers Association) web site ---> http://www.ibiblio.org/twa/

FredFord

New User
Fred Ford
TWA workshops are for members only, but we do make exceptions to the rule. When we do we require the TWA fee plus $30. This is the only time we have offered at the TWA rate. About 99% of our past attendees have been TWA members.

We are making this offer because of all the support we have received from NCWW members in giving our club a new direction.

J

jeff...

Thanks Fred - I see I'm scheduled to speak on Tuesday September 16th during the Toys for Tots Kickoff.

cskipper

Cathy
That's such a generous offer by the TWA! The only time LOML & I get to spend any significant amount of time together is the weekends. I'll have to pass this time. But thanks for the invitation.

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
Hold on...I found Brian W after all upon re-reading the announcement several times. Sorry for not seeing it in the first place. I've requested details via PM from Brian.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Is the under construction picture from Steve Cole's shop?:slap:

Yes it is :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fred you're assimilating quite well...digs on Steve's shop are always welcome.:lol::lol::lol::lol:
We got to be able to pick on something of somebody who does everything else so well :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Just in case you don't know that was my shop. And so is this"

ShopDisaster800x600.jpg

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
:rotflm::rotflm:

I remember those pics back in the day. I also remember a thread where we were going to have a shop clean up and you were going to be first.

I think one of the best things about the crawl was it got you to get your shop **** and span. To tell the truth, it was very clean and very well laid out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS