Took a shot at a segemented pen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

allisnut

New User
Adam
Amboyna burl and blackwood. The original plan got modified when the end of the amboyna blew out. I turned it off and added a band of blackwood to save the blank. Your thoughts are welcomed!

DSCN1798.jpg

DSCN1799.jpg

DSCN1811.jpg

DSCN1810.jpg

allisnut

New User
Adam
Here's the pen blank cutting sled I made earlier this week. This works much better than the miter gauge with a wooden fence that I was using.

DSCN1795.jpg

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
Here's the pen blank cutting sled I made earlier this week. This works much better than the miter gauge with a wooden fence that I was using.

DSCN1795.jpg

Great save on that pen.. What kit is that. I really like it. I've done a few segmented and you executed that perfectly. If you want to send it to me I'll give it a good inspection. :rotflm:

T

toolferone

Wow, the 1st 2 pics really look like a diamond in the rough. It sure doesn't look like it will turn out as pretty as the last 2 pics. Too much work for me.

allisnut

New User
Adam
It is a magnetic vertex kit. As far as the rough looking blank goes, it is amazing how some of the trashiest pieces of wood become gems when you round them.

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
It is a magnetic vertex kit. As far as the rough looking blank goes, it is amazing how some of the trashiest pieces of wood become gems when you round them.

I've done that several times, had a piece of wood that just didn't seem all that exciting and it really looked great afterwards.

Actually I've had two that surprised me...

This segmented pen this was one of my first tries, All just plain wood but turned pretty cool.

segmented_Sierra.jpg

and my Popsicle stick pen

IMG_0801.jpg

I am going to have to get some of those kits. I really like that... What did you use for a finish on this pen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS