Titles & Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

New User
Steve
I just changed several titles and permissions to reflect the new BOD members. Plus I tried to clean up some technical inconsistencies in Usergroups. Please review your titles and make sure you can still see everything you supposed to. If you have lost visibility of any forums, this isn't the first step in a coup :rotflm:, I just screwed up without any ill intent. Let me know, I'll get it fixed.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I see the senior moderator title is gone. Is it correct to assume the permission are gone too? I am all right if that is true but I would like to know if Tracy and I are not senior moderators who are?

SteveColes

New User
Steve
I see the senior moderator title is gone. Is it correct to assume the permission are gone too? I am all right if that is true but I would like to know if Tracy and I are not senior moderators who are?
I really thought I responded last night. I know that I wrote the response, but I guess I didn't send it.:embaresse:embaresse That's what happens using the iPad, which is what I've been stuck with most of the time, this last week.

Anyway, your questions give me the opportunity to elaborate on what I am doing and about to do. Sorry for the long post.

While the titles are gone, all members of the BOD should have almost all privileges and permissions available in vBulletin, ie Super Moderator & Full administrator. The reason for that is that I am trying to make sure you can read all threads and moderations, so you all can keep up with with what's going on. AND, if you know how, to step in, in case of emergency. While I want to discourage Officers from getting involved in the details of moderation, there have been posts or threads that should be made non visible ASAP, in those cases, anyone who can do that, should.

The idea of the "Senior" prefix is that it means "in charge", at least that is what I meant when I first started to use those type of titles. So the Senior Admin is "in charge" of the Admins. The only person who is not a officer, with the qualifications is Bas, and I contacted him again about it and he said he didn't want to be in charge of anything:rotflm: Which, I already knew.

As far as Senior Moderator is concerned, the only Moderator who isn't an officer and might be able to pull it off would be Ray Martin, but with his open hostility to me, I don't see how it could work. He won't even tell me what he is mad at, so I can apologize.

So we are left for now without a Senior Moderator and without a Senior Moderator. So I'll just have to find and groom people for those positions. Not easy but I hope doable.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
THANKS STEVE... I am good with this. I do support not having the entire BoD being involved in the day to day moderation. We have some negative experiences with that last year. I do like the idea of an assistant webmaster. That person could even be the senior moderator if they are the right person for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS