DavidF

New User
David
It is done...:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Pictures of the resurrected table in my gallery

Monty

New User
Monty
Wow! It looks fantastic! I'm glad you were able to work out the lake problem. Only one problem, though... I don't know of any lakes in this area with water that clear! :p

DavidF

New User
David
As I was building it the level in Jordon lake was so low I could have saved my self the last pour....

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Wow David, super job on your table.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap The finish you put on it is unbelievable, I really like the depth of the shine. As frustrating as it must have been for you I am glad you stuck it out and finished it up. Obviously we all learned a lot through the difficulties you faced and overcame. I am glad it turned out well for you. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Now, what is your next project going to be?:lol:

D L

DavidF

New User
David
Well the commission fell through (entertainment centre) No money!! So the bed for us will be next - see rendering in the gallery. I did "knock up" some coasters over the weekend to match the coffee table - will show pics when finished. Carol said "something simple - Please...." I couldn't help but put some walnut inlay in them to match the pattern in the table, but other than that they are at least square - well almost...

DavidF

New User
David
Out of interest the finish is water based acrylic "Ceramithane" 5 brushed coats and then cut back with the "Micro Mesh" system from 1800 - 12000 grit. The lake was cut the same from 2400 - 12000. Final coat was "Nano wax" a car product from Eagle that will fill any small swirl marks. The table feels like glass - very sensual:lol:

The black legs worked out well, but in future I would paint rather than stain and finish - certainly in this case were I wanted no grain showing and a gloss finish. All in all a great learning experience and I am sure after a few months I will come to look at it in a more fond light:BangHead:

M

McRabbet

David,
A superb job! Your design is both graceful and elegant. The way the legs curve up and grasp the demilune top is very striking and the finish on the entire piece makes it look like a million bucks (or pounds!)!! Very well done.:eusa_clap

DavidF

New User
David
Thanks to everybody that kept me "on track"; special thanks again to Steve Coles for the system three info.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
David,

It looks wonderful, nice job of salvaging a near tragedy. Now all you need is a "Billy Bass" to hang on the wall over it to tie in the lake theme. :lol:

Again, beautiful work and thanks for sharing your saga.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
DavidF, that is spectacular!!!!! I dig the little fish in the lake, a touch of whimsy in a very classy pieces. You done real good:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Dave:)

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
David,

Justoutstanding!! The table is a true work of art; starting with the elegant design, selection of materials and executed with superb craftsmanship.

Congratulations!

Bernhard

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Oh...my...absolutely gorgeous! Great job! You should be very proud of that! What a unique piece that is truely art! Congratulations....

Chris

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow!

I am certain once you get away from the table and the memories of the struggles, you will have the same impression that I do.

The table is a masterpiece! Very cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS