Staff gets first shot. Not Woodworking

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Sometime tomorrow, I will probably have 2 Samsung 213T flat panel monitors available for any of you guys who want one. These are good monitors that I have had for several years

ncww3.gif

They each have 1600 x 1200 native resolution. If your graphics card can't support that resolution or your not willing to get one that does, then you don't want these, because at any other resolution, the picture ain't that hot.

These are free becuase of their age. Their age does not have anything to do with picture quality, just how long they might last. You might get 2 :eusa_danc years out of one, you might get 3 months.:sad9cd: Here's some info on the monitors. If you get 2 years out of one you got an unbelievable deal. If you get 3 months then you just get spoiled.:wink0st:

I am also letting go the BFG nVidia 7800 gtx OC. This was the top 3D performer just afew short months ago and its street price was over $500. BFG no longer makes this card, but there are still places that will be willing to sell it in the 450 - 550 range. But that's a rip off since the next gneration 7900 gtx OC sells for the same price and is head & shoulders a better performer at the same price. Based on its performance in the current market, it worth about $300 new. I'll let it go for $150. I bought it in March. Take into consideration, it is a PCI-E card and is long so it needs room

I wanted to make these available to you guys first as a thank you for helping me out.

Questions in thread, expressing a desire to take one or more, PMs only

DaveO

New User
DaveO
What is needed graphic card wise to support them? And how do you find out if you have the capabilities :icon_scra

Dave:)

SteveColes

New User
Steve
For those asking about adapters that will the 1600 1200. I need to know your video adapter connection type Vesa, PCI, AGP

Also let me go look in the attic and see if I have any adapters that are in one piece still

M

McRabbet

My Micron PIII Millenium nVidia graphics card is a RIVA TNT2 Pro with an AGP Bus and 32 MB of onboard memory. I'm running Win98 4.10.2222A (the fully updated version) and the system has 383MB memory. IIRC, it is a 772 MHz processor, but I don't have a utility to check the cpu speed.

Rob

SteveColes

New User
Steve
My Micron PIII Millenium nVidia graphics card is a RIVA TNT2 Pro with an AGP Bus and 32 MB of onboard memory. I'm running Win98 4.10.2222A (the fully updated version) and the system has 383MB memory. IIRC, it is a 772 MHz processor, but I don't have a utility to check the cpu speed.

Rob
Holy cow Rob. That machine is old:shocked7fl: :shocked7fl: :shocked7fl: And you are running CAD:BangHead: Even Dave's machine is newer than that:lol:

M

McRabbet

Hey, I'm old too, but I still am ticking! :eusa_whis The Micron doesn't handle CAD real well -- I do most of my heavier duty stuff on my Toshiba laptop, but they are partners on our wireless LAN so transfers of stuff and sharing a common laser printer is easier. Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite bought at the end of 2002 for $1,150 w/ 1.8 GHz cpu and a 30 gig drive and DVD-R/CD-RW drive. I bought the Micron in May 2000 (just looked up the papers -- it is a 733 MHz and I paid just over $2K for it - ouch). $2k can buy a potent machine these days, but I haven't got the disposable income I had back then.

Rob

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Ah but now you can buy a Dell bottom of the line that is about 10x more powerful for about $500:yes4lo: :yes4lo: :biggrin9gp:

M

McRabbet

I know -- I need to start a replacement fund and maybe they will drop to $450 and 20x the power....

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Gee.............a great day for my TWC to be offline.:BangHead: We lost our cable at 7:30 this morning when a transformer blew and it did not come back up till about 6:00. Who ever claimed the monitors will enjoy them. That was one sweet set up Steve had.

D L

SteveColes

New User
Steve
D L Ames;45383 That was one sweet set up Steve had. D L[/quote said:
I like the new oneceven better:eusa_danc

So the old monitors are ready for pickup.

The 7800 GTX OC card is ready to be bought please.:eusa_pray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS