Source for 3/8" or 1/2" lexan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Dog

New User
Mad Dog
Hi folks,

This is my first post!

I've been getting along the past 25 years with an 8" B&D table saw. I've certainly got my money's worth out of it but recently I bought a Craftsman 10" cast iron job. It was in bad shape but its now up and running!

It didn't come with a blade guard (and to be honest I never used a guard on the B&D) but I want to become more safety conscious.

I'm very excited about building an overarm guard http://www.woodcentral.com/bparticles/overarm_guard.shtml

Most of the day has been spent between Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware and a local glass shop. Nobody has 3/8" lexan (ie polycarbonate)

Has anyone a source in the Triangle?

Thanks!

eyekode

New User
Salem
Every once in a while it comes up on craigslist (I have missed it each time). There are plenty of places to mail order it but shipping is usually a bear. Let me know when you find some, I would be interested for router jigs :).
Salem

Mad Dog

New User
Mad Dog
eyekode,
Thanks for the tip. Never even thought of CraigsList. I'll let you know if I come across some.

Mad Dog

New User
Mad Dog
Glenn and Tim,

Thanks for the links.

I ended up ordering from smallparts.com - a 1X2' sheet of 3/8" lexan was about $19 - and the shipping is reasonable. Also got some other stuff that Lowes did not have for the overhead blade guard project. (see next post on "squre tubing")

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS