Small job I did today

Status
Not open for further replies.

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
:eusa_clap Hi all, just a few pix of a little job I did today. The guy got alot of wood for the money. :icon_thum The Guy even had his own kiln, you can see it in the background.

DSCF1263.jpg

DSCF1264.jpg

Dougw2.jpg

Dougw.jpg

nelsone

New User
Ed
Looks good Randy. How much do you charge for a job like that? I have a good size oak that I will have to take down at some point.

Ed

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Thanks, so to get a better idea, How long to mill those five logs in the first pic? Do you make any deals for a portion of the lumber?

Sorry nelsone, I am in the lumber sawing biz, not lumber sales. I don't have enough property to cut for lumber. It took just under 5 hours to mill these five logs. They were neatly lined up when I got there, so it was just setup and start cutting. Not having to fight the log to the mill or any of that. I have tons of people call me out and when I get there, it looks like pixy sticks, there is 2 or 3 hours of log handeling to be done before I can ever start milling. Then, when I tell them what that is gonna cost they decide to burn them. When all they need to do is stack them right to start with. Again I am sorry I can't cut for part of the lumber.:eusa_thin

sapwood

New User
Roger
Looks like a win/win Randy :icon_thum
You get job satisfaction and pay and the owner gets some fine looking wood for his fine looking kiln!

Roger

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Looks like a win/win Randy :icon_thum
You get job satisfaction and pay and the owner gets some fine looking wood for his fine looking kiln!

Roger

Yeah sapwood it is a Win/Win, I like it when it goes like that. The guy was real cool and, has a rock'n shop. He makes these little Tractors that are sooo cool looking.
Check them out at Wood'N Tractors. There pretty cool.:icon_thum

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Never hurts to ask! That gives me an idea of what I'd be looking at anyway.
Yep yer right bout that nelsone however, you could never buy the same amount of lumber I can cut in three hours, for the same money at "any" store. I can cut alot of lumber in 1/2 a day. The guy that I cut these logs for was scared, untill he saw how much lumber he was getting for such a great price. He and his buddy really thought they were getting over on me :rolf: . My mill is paid off, so it all goes right in my pocket :rolf: they aint got nothing on me, let alone over on me.:rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS