Site Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfre

New User
Manfre
My screen resolution is 1280x1024 and the site header (logo, announcement ads, menus, etc) fill the entire screen and require scrolling to see the posts. Would it be possible to condense it down a little bit? I realize I can collapse a few of the boxes, but that only helps a little bit. I'd be willing to help update the layout.

View with expanded boxes:

69jfxy.png

View with collapsed boxes:

n653dv.png

manfre

New User
Manfre
Any feedback on my suggestion?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.15) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Same here! :thumbs_do
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/10.0.648.134 Safari/534.16

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
If we didn't have that huge ad at the top of the page I don't think you would have to scroll down.

Also if you could click one button to collapse all extra frames that would be quick and easy. It could remain in effect until you un-clicked it to check on the extras.

I don't see a need for a complete overhaul of the graphics at this point.

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_8; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.19.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.3 Safari/533.19.4

manfre

New User
Manfre
@Mike, I'm not calling for a complete overhaul of the graphics. The current look of the site wouldn't really change much beyond making use of a lot of the wasted space at the top of the page. Besides, I've already stated my willingness to volunteer my time to work on this.

The HTML of the site could use a serious make over. This page (just HTML) is almost 100k with many layers of nested HTML tables. I feel sorry for anyone with a relatively slow internet connection. It also could reduce NCWW's bandwidth usage (and possibly costs?).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.15) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
The staff is currently reviewing possible upgrades and possibly even a completely new look and feel. Please be patient as we address the technical aspects of the site.

Thank You!!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS