searching for people to do school demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

msslibrarian

New User
Rebecca
Hi all! A teacher and I are looking for a woodcarver to do a school demonstration in the spring of 2009. This person would be part of a larger group of craftspeople doing their thing as the students (grades 3, 4, and 5) go around to observe and ask questions. We are located in Ellerbe, NC, which is about 10 miles north of Rockingham. We could pay travel, meals, and an overnight stay if necessary. If you charge for this, there may be funding for that as well, but we are unsure at this point. Volunteering your time would be wonderful! If any of you would like to do this, or know of anyone else who would, please contact me at rebeccashepherd@richmond.k12.nc.us. Thank you for reading!

clowman

Clay Lowman
Re: searching for people to do schoo demo

This would be a great opportunity to "pass it along" to the younger generation. I know we have several excellent carvers here on site, I do hope it works out that some of them can do this.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Re: searching for people to do schoo demo

I agree, Clay. I took my lathe into my daughter's class last year and turned some spinning tops. It was very rewarding and the kids LOVED it!

I highly encourage someone to jump on this. It will make a long lasting impression on the kids...and you! :)

Chris

childe

New User
Chris
My dauhter has an art teacher that is interested in my lathart, and would like me to do a demonstration for this class. It would be a great way to promote the art of woodworking.

Chris

jglord

New User
John
I've passed this posting on to 2 good woodcarvers I know. They will contact the folks directly, but I'll post here if they do.

msslibrarian

New User
Rebecca
Thank you all for your positive feedback and enthusiasm. I hope that our project is successful, and with artisans like you all, it will be! If we get someone, I'll let you know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS