Scotts QSWO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
Got about 43 bf of QSWO and 20 of FSWO. Here some pre and post planing. I didn't hit a board with some nails...Luckily it was with dull blades.

Pre
IMG_6467.JPG

IMG_6499.JPG

All planed up.
IMG_6500.JPG

Some nail action.
IMG_6502.JPG

Some really nice wood. Time to build some stuff.

Wes

PChristy

New User
Phillip
After what I have seen in your other thread with the gifts I can't wait to see what you have coming out of these

J

jeff...

Some nail action.
IMG_6502.JPG

Some really nice wood. Time to build some stuff.

Wes

That actually looks like some bullet action to me - steel in oak cause a black streak but lead just kind of lays there. Lead is a lot softer than steel when you hit a nail with a saw blade - um... you know it :roll: but lead being so soft you just keep on sawing not even noticing. NC Being a big time hunting state bullets are rather common place in forest trees.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
+1 I have ran across it myself. No damage to the blades :eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Dave:)

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
I was planing some of the hard maple yesterday for the counter top project and found some metal. I was surprised I didn't hear it when it went through the planer. I had a magnet handy and it didn't stick. I dug it out with a knife and figured it was lead. I was busy and didn't think much about it. As much as I shoot, I am surprised it didn't occur to me that it was from a bullet or other lead shot! I can't tell that it hurt my planer blades at all. I am happy about that because I had just changed them!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Wes, those really came out nice - can't wait to see the finished product.

+2 re the lead - it looks like shotgun pellet remnants to me.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS