Reported Post by b4man

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
b4man has reported a post.

Reason:
UGH! Should it be edited, deleted or what?
Forum: Power Tools and Their Use
Assigned Moderators: toolferone, ptt49er

Posted by: manfre
Original Content:
Bruce. they will not be injured if they are using correct safety operation techniques. To me, the SawStop is only of value to those that operate unsafely.
James

:rotflm:

Wait, I think you might be serious. :BangHead:

The funny thing about safety procedures is that they are updated as injuries happen to help address holes with the safety procedures that allowed the injuries to happen. Even the most disciplined people who religiously follow a safety checklist can become distracted at an inopportune time. Most people will lose focus when something falls off a shelf, tires screech on the street, dogs start barking or growling, wife screams at bug, etc.

While you are entitled to your very condescending opinion that people who spend money on additional safety equipment are either unsafe or waste money, you should also consider that perhaps other people value themselves more than you value yourself.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have unapproved the manfre post. While I do not like to get involved in moderation, I felt this was a direct attack on a member and a clear violation of our policy.

b4man

New User
Barbara
unapproved post
Manfre,

In light of NCWW policy refraining from making personal attacks or the appearance of personal criticism, your post was unapproved.

The staff tries hard to insure this remain the "Friendliest" site on the web and comments such as the one in quotes below negate our efforts.

Thanks for your understanding.

Barbara

While you are entitled to your very condescending opinion that people who spend money on additional safety equipment are either unsafe or waste money, you should also consider that perhaps other people value themselves more than you value yourself.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
FWIW: manfre is a new member and this is not the first time he has done this. It might have been in the "Really?" thread or the NASCAR thread. He does not seem to get the policies. He bears watching. I expect he may reply with a "free speech" diatribe at some point. We have been down that road before. :roll:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Well dang it....I thought the post was still in the public view, edited it and sent a PM...crap...

I think the post was fine after removal of the last paragraph....seems the consensus was deletion....should we delete it?

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I tend to agree with your edit rather than full delete.

But, manfre is moving up to the top of the short list at breakneck speed.

Jim

Well dang it....I thought the post was still in the public view, edited it and sent a PM...crap...

I think the post was fine after removal of the last paragraph....seems the consensus was deletion....should we delete it?

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Anyone else?

I need to either explain how I feel like the southern end of a north bound mule or re-approve the post w/ edit and keep in the gas....

I tend to agree with your edit rather than full delete.

But, manfre is moving up to the top of the short list at breakneck speed.

Jim

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
The last paragraph is the only offensive part in my opinion. An edit should be fine with an explanation of the edit and the need to pull it out of view until we discussed it as a team.

b4man

New User
Barbara
I would have preferred the edited version myself. However, maybe deleting his entire post will better get his attention:dontknow:

I kind of expect a response either to myself or one of the 'bosses':gar-Bi

Barbara

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I would have preferred the edited version myself. However, maybe deleting his entire post will better get his attention:dontknow:

I kind of expect a response either to myself or one of the 'bosses':gar-Bi

Barbara

We Got Bosses???

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
This the your space, Tracy and the Mod Squad, Either way works for me just so long as he gets the message.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Edited post approved.

If he responds to my PM, I will convey the importance, again, of the forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS