Refinished this

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
DSCF2116.JPG

WOW 8-O, and you "fixed" it very well. Do you have any before pictures? What did you use for your stripper and finish?

Dave:)

John Reeves

New User
John Reeves
Thanks Dave. Unfortunately I do not have any before pictures. Wish I had taken some. The top was completely removed down to the carcase and I took all of the finish off using a chemical stripper. I rebuilt the drawers, the top, etc. The moldings had come off of the drawers. I got lucky and I was able to duplicate the molding in my shop.

Where I had taken all of the finish off, I used BLO with varnish on top. Several layers with the usual wet sanding between coats.

On the bottom section, sides, face and drawer fronts where I had original wood, I used a FORMBYS product. It was a restorer that comes in a kit form. (Not something that a real craftsman would like to admit but it really worked well.)

Thanks Again

walnutjerry

New User
Jerry
Looks professional to me John--------you knew what to use where. That is a sign of a craftsman!!:icon_thum

Jerry

John Reeves

New User
John Reeves
Thanks Jerry,

I used several products trying to blend the different woods to have a uniform color. Happy to answer questions if I can. Also I learned a lot from JSR's finishing school. (Learned to walk with a book on my head!:lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS