Puzzles - Gluing Image to the wood??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Spray adhesive from the craft store. There are other types of applicators in the scrapbooking aisle that are good for really small stuff. Don't use white or yellow glue; it has too much water and will wrinkle a lot of paper. Also be careful what you finish with; you don't want to wet the paper or make the glue run. Ink jet printed color pretty much has to be laminated instead of finishing (DAMHIKT). You can find peel and stick laminate at the craft store also. My wife is a big time scrapbooker; she is a huge help when it comes to glue, paper and ink.

mbeach

New User
Mike
That is what I was worried about with white or yellow glue.

Is there any special paper to use when printing on?

Thanks

CarvedTones

Andy
OK, I just did a consult my expert. She nixed the laminate and spray because it is hard to get it bubble free. She said use light weight paper and Decoupage top to bottom as the adhesive and initial finish. Her ink jet (HP) doesn't run with decoupage but she suggests you test yours.

CarvedTones

Andy
An additional comments was just offered up - let the ink dry completely. She says I think it runs worse than it really has to because I am so impatient. I guess she was going to tell me that earlier but I left the room before she had the chance. :rolf:

CarvedTones

Andy
I just looked in the closet (because I am too impatient to ask :rolleyes:) and the brand we use is Mod Podge. It has instruction for various uses.

cskipper

Cathy
So, how did the puzzles turn out? I am going to try something significantly unrelated, but I've been a little leary because my color copies are from my ink jet printer.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Well...now I have a use for a scroll saw!!

Did you get a chance to try the puzzles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS