Putting some new Mats down

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Trying out some new Mats in my shop. Excited to see if these help the old feet. These are nice, thick, and very heavy.

IMG_5260.jpeg

Last edited:

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
Covering the concrete floor is a game changer as we get older. If those don’t end up working out, try the Harbor Freight packs of interlocking - I think they are about 18” x 18” and really not too expensive. They come in packs and I’ve laid down quite a few (the largest areas I use them are surrounding my bench and lathe). I tried horse stall mats but prefer the HF interlocking - softer and easy to configure/reconfigure.

I also put some stronger arch supports in my work boots and recommend that as well - really made a difference.

rcarmac

Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have tried the HF ones and they were just not heavy enough and moved around on me. So I am hoping these heavy ones will stay in place better

rcarmac

Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am not sure the brand. I purchased it from a fitness equipment store that was selling them. The do you have a lower odor than horse stall mats

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
Rubber floor mats have been a huge improvement in our community shop. Three years ago we installed these 3/8" thick (8mm) floor tiles from Rubber Flooring, Inc., and installed them in the shop. They have worked terrifically well and have held up to rolling large machines over top of them when movement is needed.

1726509184238.png

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS