[Problem-Main Site] Certain pages won't load/ take too long to load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
(Note to self: In 30 or 60 days, I want to FIX these problems instead of reporting them :))

I can't get to the home page (http://ncwoodworker.net/index.php). It just hangs, "Waiting for ncwoodworker.net...". Same for the "new posts" page. The forums page took several minutes to load. Obviously, the site is up and I can post, so I suspect there is some page element that's causing trouble (advertisement?). This could be just my machine of course.

(Second note to self: Figure out how to disable certain things on the home page to test this kind of problem)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
For what it is worth, Bas. I have found the site incredibly slow this AM as well.:kamahlitu

Was blazzin' last nite at about 23:00 hours??:wsmile:

Wayne

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Yes there is a problem. I disabled the Google ads and the amazon ads. But things didn't get better until I cleared my cache.

See if things are better.

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Almost. Just removed something else. Now see how it works. I've to leave for a few minutes, so let me know if better response is consistent.

When I get back, I explain what I think I found.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

rita541

New User
rita cunningham
Being a computer dummy..I thought it was just my computer. It is better than it has been. THANK YOU.
rita541

SteveColes

New User
Steve
So, What was the problem, Steve???
Well, the main problem was that the google ad server was not responding. Why, I have no idea. But I just disabled the Google ads. That solved a large part but not all. The is also a piece of code that was at the end of each page called Google Analytics. I disabled that and all was well.

I just now re-enabled Google ads and all seems well. But I will not put Google Analytics backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS