Planemaking classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
I will be teaching two workshops on making traditional bench planes. I have an opening in each of the workshops. Check out the NCWoodworker Calendar for August 2/3 and 9/10. The first workskhop is on making a coffin shaped smoother. The second is on making a toted smoother. There will be a materials fee for each of these workshops to cover the wood and the blades. Both workshops are 2 days. The cost is $160 plus the cost of materials (unless you are a TWA member, then the cost is $10 less). We will use traditional tools including chisels, floats, pad saws, brace and bits and rasps to shape these planes. The blades will be either LN modern or will be 18th century style tapered and scarf-welded, hand forged by a noted blacksmith.

Bill Anderson
Edwards Mountain Woodworks
919-932-6050
bill@edwardsmountainwoodworks.com

Cuprousworks

Mike
User
I'll give a bump and a good word -- I've taken three of Bill's classes and found them all great! :thumbs_up

Sure, you learn the class subject in depth, but you also lots about efficiency and shop practice and craftsmanship. Subtleties that you won't learn from a book or magazine.

Think of it as an upgrade for the most important tool in your shop (you know, that grey stuff between the ears...)

I'm looking forward to taking a planemaking classes, and if I happen to walk away with a plane as well as a bit of knowledge, all the better!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS