One Step Closer to Rockin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Slow & steady wins the race? Well, maybe not in this case. But I'm getting closer to rocking in my Maloof-style rocker! This weekend I was able to get a good portion of Sunday in the shop and got the rockers glued up!

IMG_03022.JPG

Next is shaping them into the legs and some final sanding EVERYWHERE before hitting the finishing room ... uh, I mean, driveway.:gar-La;

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Looking good Jeremy. You will be rocking before we know it.:gar-Bi

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
That looks great to me. I've never made a rocking chair, but am working my courage!

Courage not needed ... Common sense will do ... and a LOT of time if you go the Maloof-style because there is a lot of "shaping" work and sanding involved.

The end result is worth it though ... now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel it's beginning to feel good. Now, if I can just get there without messing it up!:eek:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
man that is lookin sweet!:eusa_clap when you gonna deliver it to me?:rotflm: some day............:eusa_thin

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Nice job. I found the finish shaping to be fairly quick to complete. You are about 98% there.
We may be Johns first class to have 100% of the rockers completed.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Very cool rocker, Jeremy:eusa_danc When it's finished, you really will ROCK, literally.:gar-La;

tjgreen

New User
Tim
Looks great - can't wait to see pics of the finished product. I'm jealous - a Maloof-style rocker is on the list of stuff I'll do someday.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Looks good, Jeremy. With rockers that long, put some wheels on 'em for wheelie bars. :kermit:

Shamrock

New User
Michael
UT-oh -it's actually gonna get done!-will you be rocking by the Charlotte Woodworking show? Looking good:icon_thum

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Removed the clamps last night and for the time in several months actually rocked in it! Ahh ... so close. Now, if I can only get another couple days I can wrap it up!

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Man --that is a fine looking chair.I have never made a chair but after seeing yours I may just have to give it a shot.Great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS