On Eagle's Wing of Woven Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary G

New User
Gary
Gerry Rhoades crafted and posted this pen using a blank he obtained from Eagle:
GentWaveFP.JPG

Eagle's blank in that pen is called a Wave blank.
He made another blank using Maple, Walnut, Walnut, Maple; he sent it to me to make
a pen. What a joy and blessing to have completed this pen. His blank is a masterful
work. It is the equivalent of 4 Wave blanks; there are 154 pieces of wood in the blank glued up in 8 different gluing sessions. There are 148 strips of veneer with a glued up "base blank" to try to get diamonds of different colors.
It requires more than 2 ounces of CA to make the blank.
I've had the blank several weeks and have been waiting for a Beall Collect chuck to drill it; got one and it didn't fit the lathe.
Bernie stopped by my home on his way back from Eagle's and had his mini and BCC with him, so we drilled the blank and I turned it.
My photos were taken in natural light and in the last one you can see a ring of light that's a reflection off the finished blank.
The kit is a Rhodium/22K Gold Jr. Statesman Fountain Pen.
I hope this does it justice:
EagleWWe.jpg

EagleWWg.jpg

EagleWWf.jpg

EagleWWa.jpg

All comments and criticisms welcome.

Gary

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
for the pen
:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum
for the blank
dance.gif

bluewing92

New User
Norm
Beautiful pen. :eusa_clap I was there when Gary put the finish on this pen. Believe me when I say that as good as the pictures are they still don’t do it justice. The depth and shine of the finish are exquisite.

As for the blank. It was another Eagle masterpiece.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS