Next project- bathroom vanities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I guess I have put this off as long as I can. Don't mind building the vanities I just hate anything that has plumbing associated with it.

I am going to build two vanities that will look like the old wash stand with the bowl and pitcher sitting on top that was used before indoor plumbing. Yes Bas, there was a time when we did not have indoor plumbing:eusa_danc:eusa_danc. My wife wants to use the sinks that sit on top of the vanity. Anyone ever use these? I went over to HD and looked at one they had on display. The top of the vanity was about 2.5 inches lower than the ones with the sink set down in the vanity. Not sure what height to make them:dontknow:. To low and I think they would look out of proportion. To high and you would knock your teeth out if you leaned over.

Anyone with any experience with these type of sinks and advise to pass on?

Sandy Rose

New User
Sandy
I'm in the same boat...my wife wants to redo the bathroom and said she wants the same vessel-style sink. I'll be drawing up some diagrams over the next week or so - this is a picture of the one she likes.

I doubt mine will look too much like it though.

russellellis

New User
Russell
ive installed plenty of vessel sinks. they arent too bad. i actually prefer them as the vessel faucet is easier to deal with and the amount of room on inside is so nice, since you dont have a sink in your way. the plumbing is a snap.
dont forget to shop around for sinks first. the very very limited supply at hd and lowes arent the best and just the tip of the iceberg. check out amazon actually. there are a few suppliers listing on there.
as for the height of the vanity top. its all up to you. depends on if you are having a top mounted vessel or a midway sunk vessel. what kind of wainscoting/chair rail/shelves/mirror etc is in there. its all about proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS