Newbie from holly springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mulligan

New User
bob
hi

my name is bob and i have been involved with woodworking for the past 6 months. i have a fair amount of home remodeling experiance and decided to start making furniture for my kids. my first is off to clollege and my first project was an oak bed for his appartment.

i have gathered many of the necessary tools, TS, planer, jointer router orbital sander etc and have been enjoying the process.

i am currently looking for plans for an armoire type desk for his room. anyone have any plans for something like this? i would appreciate any leads

later

bob:lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Bob, welcome!!!! Thanks for the intro :eusa_clap It sounds like you have a nice shop started, and your list of projects won't end. I posted a few links to some free desk plan sites in your other thread, maybe you will find something suitable in them. Or you could design the piece yourself, it shouldn't be to hard to do.
Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Welcome to the site! I just moved from Holly Springs. Nice place. Would love to see some pictures of the bed you made if you have any.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Bob, welcome to the best WWing site on the whole WWW! There a lots of great folks here always willing to share. Looking forward to your contributions.
Take care,

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Bob, welcome to NCWW. I am glad you could join us. It sounds like you are well on your way to having a nice shop set up. I look forward to seeing some of your projects. Good luck with the desk.

D L

jbrewer

John
Corporate Member
Bob

Welcome aboard. I joined this site not long ago and I can say that you will find everyone very willing to help. Glad to have you with us and look forward to seeing some pictures of your work

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Bob,

Welcome to the NCWW. You'll love it here. I understand your customer set... I have one at UNC-G who has a couple of orders in for pieces of furniture.

Ray

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Bob,

Good to have you here. We moved to Clayton from Holly Springs just a year ago last week. We were in the Oaks of Avent Acres there. Nice town.

Can't help you on plans. Good luck.

Tom S.

dozer

Mike
Bob, Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have alot of projects to keep you busy I look forward to seeing some pictures of your work.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Bob!!!:eusa_danc

I am just up the road in Cary. Am a relative newbie but willing to help out a fellow woodworker anyway I can. Give me a shout if you need any help toting lumber or tools!

I have a daughter (1 of four) in HS in Holly Spring, one in UNCW, one in Wake Tech and a recent grad from NC State - just married last Saturday. It seems that all of my woodworking has been on their behalf! Lots of fun!!!

The folks here at the site are fantastic. Much knowledge and experience and always willing to offer assistance!

Have Fun!!!!

Wayne

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Bob, glad you decided to join us :-D

Add you "ballon" to the NC Frappr map where you can also check out neighboring NCWWers. Placement accuracy is at the "zip code" level but it's fun. You can zoom and pan if multiple ballons are too close.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS