Newbie from Holly Springs, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

alantope

New User
Al
Hi All:

I'm new to the forum, but not to woodworking. As suggested in the instructions for new members, I've created a profile and posted a couple pics of my projects and shop.

I'm a serious hobbyist, and plan to spend more time with WW now that I'm phasing into retirement (and closing out some other hobbies, such as restoring cars). My wife is active with penmaking, so WW is a shared interest.

I'd like to think I can contribute a bit, but I suspect most of my early activity in this forum will be more on the side of asking questions than providing answers. In that regard, I've already posted a query about salvaging old wood.

I've been lurking on this Forum for a while, and freely admit that I'm very impressed!

Alan

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
There's quite a few of us in Holly Springs, many of us are retired. So help is close by....giving or getting!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the forum Alan. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap That's a beauty of a workshop that you have there. :icon_thum

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome Al, I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. I retired three years ago and this site has easily replaced the coworkers I left at that time. You're off to a good start w/ the pics you posted. Like your shop! :icon_thum

Bill

wrwilder

New User
Ray
Welcome to the group. You'll really enjoy the conversation here as well as the help you get from the site. Nice shop and the projects look great.

Again, welcome.
Ray

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Al from another retiree making dust out of good wood!:wsmile:

Sure is a really nice shop hangout you got going there. Projects posted are great too BTW.

As others mentioned there are a few of us in your area that do fun things all week besides reporting to the man. I now answer to the LOML and all of my daughters and grand child. Wouldn't want it any other way!

Post often and by all means have fun around here.

Wayne

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Al, as Joe mentioned in an earlier post there are several of us in Holly Springs, welcome to the forum and to the area!

Donn

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to the friendliest woodworking site on the net. Glad you could join us.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Welcome to NCWW! I think that you'll like the company, we have several current (and former) "gearheads" on the forum. One in particular - BobbyG - has an extensive background with antique car restoration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS