New to NC and to the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxfurniture

New User
Aaron
Hello everyone!
My name is Aaron, just relocated to south durham from fort myers/naples Fl due to my wife getting a scholarship for her graduate studies at UNC. I am a furniture maker but in the past 3 years have been making a living off cabinetry. last week i was looking for a lumber supplier in the area and i came across this woodworking in nc page, then looked at photos and so forth. i love the site, when i lived in florida the only people i could talk to about woodwork were those i worked with. this is such a valuable thing yall have going on up here, im excited to be part of it!
Cheers

cpw

New User
Charles
Welcome to both the state and the board. We're excited for you to have joined us!

MarkE

Administrator
Mark
Welcome aboard, Aaron.

Soak up the knowledge around here. This place has more woodworking knowledge per board foot than anywhere else on the net.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome to the site Aaron.:icon_thum We also have various opportunities for face to face meetings. Jump right in and have some fun!:eusa_danc

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Aaron.!:eusa_danc

I am sure that you will enjoy each and every moment online with us. Great folks willing to share an immense volume of woodworking skills and knowledge.

Be sure to post often and show us some pictures of some your cabinet work.

Wayne

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
AAron,

Welcome to the site. The group really likes pictures. These could be works in progress (WIP), finished projects, tools, jigs, etc. Dust off a chair and join in the conversation.

Steve

mgberry

New User
Matt
Welcome to the site and to NC. Durham has some great places for food. In general the whole area is a really great place to land.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Hey there Aaron!

Glad you found us and glad you joined us. Until I stumbled upon this board a few years ago I never had anyone to talk woodworking with either. I joined to learn more about the craft but what I received was much more. I've made the greatest friends here and believe you'll do the same:icon_thum

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWW, Aaron. There are lots of ideas ,and advice floating around here...some of it even useful. :gar-La;

Truefire

New User
Chris
Aaron, welcome my man...welcome to the state and to the forum here. If your desire was to locate woodworkers that love wood, love talking about it and enjoy trading it, then you my man have landed on a goldmine.

These guys up here are some of the most knowledgeable, friendliest guys around. They are always willing to lend you a helping hand. I have some wonderful friends that i have and this site was solely responsible for creating those. There are myriads of knowledge resources up here for your disposal. Silviculturists, biologists, dendrologists, professional cabinet makers, landscapers and the list goes on and on are lurking in the background.

What i am trying to say is if you have a question and/or concern, "just ask it?" someone up here probably has the answer

IN regards to your inquiry about local sawmills and wood suppliers within the state there is a list here of guys up here on the forum that offer these services.

Take Care, Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS