New planer arrived today

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

Michael Shelley
Corporate Member
Got my new planer today :grin::grin::grin:, really fast service from Wilke Machinery. Ordered it last Thurs, mailed a check Fri and they delivered it today. Kinda hard to beat that service. Will post some pics as soon as I get it cleaned up and tuned. I need to get a straight edge so I can align the cast iron extensions and check the bed roller adjustment. Have to get a new receptacle for the shop since the one on the planer is _ 0 _ configuration. The one I have in the shop for it is a twist lock style. I also have some pics of the shop I am in now and will post them this weekend. I got so much room now, I have to think where I put something. Maybe that is the age factor just kickin in though. LOL

Mike

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You suck!!! Sounds like thing are going well for you and setting up your new shop. Can't wait to see how you have it layed out. Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great news Mike, hope the setup goes as well as the ordering process. Can't wait to see the new shop pixs.

Oh yeah, about that avatar. I've seen it so much I don't even think about it. So last nite I asked LOML to check out a post I was reading :roll:

"What are you looking at?" :eyeslam:

"But honey, it's just the woodworker site" :eusa_sile

Sapwood

mshel

Michael Shelley
Corporate Member
woodguy1975 said:
Did you get the 20"? :-o:-o:-o:-o

WG disease strikes again!!!!!!!

WG,

No, had to settle for the 15" but I am sure it will do everything I need to do. What it can't do, my 22-44 will do. Finally got the receptacle changed today but have to get a 20 amp breaker so I don't have to change the wire on the planer. I might end up doing this but the fastest way to get up and running was to just to change the receptacle and breaker. I took a chance and fired it up with the 30 amp breaker just to hear it purrrrrrrr but the mfg. doesn't recommend it. Soooooo tomorrow, I will get the right breaker and let some chips fly.

MIke

I thought I was having delusions but must have just been that WG thing causing me to flush. LOL

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Allright we need to get a truckload of wood together and head over to Wilson. Heard there's a feller up there with a new planer that he wants to show off.:eusa_danc

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Mike, nice score guy.:icon_thum I was thinking about the a 15" PM until WG sent me a link to Wilkes and explained that the Yorkcraft is identical to the PM and made in the same factory and is about 1/2 the price of the PM. I guess the only difference between the two is which paint booth it went to at the end of the assembly line. Let us know how you like it.

When I get around to getting mine (Feb?) I will be able to take the money I save and put it towards a drum sander. Speaking of which, does anyone know if Wilkes will have a booth at the WW'ing Show in Charlotte this February?

D L

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
How about a link to Wilkes here? (for those of us too lazy to flip through the 10 million results on Google)...

Rick Orwig

New User
Rick
Congratulations on your Yorkcraft 15". Mine arrived last week and the electrician is due tomarrow to set up 220v. I bought the Byrd head installed and I hope it was worth it. Wilke was good to deal with on my 8" jointer also.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Rick Orwig said:
I bought the Byrd head installed and I hope it was worth it. Wilke was good to deal with on my 8" jointer also.

Rick, let us know how that Byrd head works out for you. I am planing on getting a 15" Yorkcraft after the first of the year and might decide to upgrade later to the Byrd head.

D L

woodguy1975

New User
John
Rick Orwig said:
Congratulations on your Yorkcraft 15". Mine arrived last week and the electrician is due tomarrow to set up 220v. I bought the Byrd head installed and I hope it was worth it. Wilke was good to deal with on my 8" jointer also.

The machines I've used with the Byrd head have always cut incredibly well. I'm going to get one for my 20" sometime in the months to follow. First I have to power up the machinery I just bought.:slap:

John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS